March 29, 2024, 06:10:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Updating microbrute firmware error message  (Read 8845 times)

achamberlain

Updating microbrute firmware error message
« on: November 02, 2016, 08:09:56 am »
when i connect my microbrute to the connection software it tells me that the firmware version is outdated and if I want to update it. after i prompt okay, it gives me this error message "Loading error - unable to open the data file"
i am using a mac and i do indeed have the file downloaded called "microbrute firmware release 3.2 mbf"
also the software does say that my microbrute is currently connected, but i get this prompt every time i try to update it

baronrouge

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Updating microbrute firmware error message
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 10:58:58 am »
Same error here on a Mac, did you ever have any joy with this?

baronrouge

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 04:44:23 pm »
If its any help to anyone I eventually gave up on this and borrowed a Windows machine. Firmware updated fine, solved the issues I was having with the settings not being remembered and some very weird sequencer behaviour too.

thath

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 04:22:02 am »
I am also having this issue with the latest version of OSX (10.12)

datafreq

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 09:27:58 pm »
Yep same here on a Mac Book Pro running Sierra 10.12.1.

So I can't get the sequencer to sync properly from a trigger in until this is resolved apparently.

Support told me to unplug the USB from the synth then restart my computer, but this never worked.

Disappointing.

voyous

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 11:52:23 pm »
I am also having this problem. It looked like the problem might have been that the .mbf file needs to be in the same folder as the .app, but fixing that hasn't helped me any.

ecrase2500

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 03:14:09 pm »
I am also experiencing this problem. MacOS 10.12.2 with an Arturia Microbrute.

Microbrute Connection application is in same folder as MicroBrute_Firmware_Release_V1.0.3.2.mbf

Microbrute is powered on and connected via USB.

When launching Microbrute Connection, I see a dialog box telling me my firmware is outdated. Connection to device appears to be on.

When I accept to update the firmware, I get "Loading error Unable to open the data file". Note at this point that the device no longer appears to be connected.

When the message is dismissed by clicking OK, the connection appears to be re-established:

My Microbrute just arrived yesterday and appears to be running firmware 1.0.0 currently:

I hope someone from Arturia can post a reply with advice. Thanks!

ecrase2500

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 03:18:44 am »
Bump - has anyone found a way to update to the latest firmware on a Mac?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 02:09:57 pm »
Hi .are you on a mac . so the solution is to open audio midi setup app   then make sure you have turned off the brute and unplugged the usb . then in the midi studio  ( see screen shot) in the app delete the drivers in there names microbrute  and any that say updater.

then turn on your brute and connect the usb . at this point the brute midi driver should appear.  then try to do the update .

let me know if this helps

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

ecrase2500

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 01:34:18 am »
Hi Terrym,

Yes, I'm on a mac (iMac 27-inch, Late 2012) running MacOS 10.12.2.

I tried your instructions and got the same results as in my original screenshots. I also re-downloaded the update package just in case the first one had been corrupted, but that didn't help. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Pierre

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 02:56:17 pm »
Hi. Open your midi driver window incase theres a driver hidden ? did you delete all the drivers that say updater.
Have you checked your permission in disk utility . incase its stopping something there.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

gabeltron

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 06:39:21 am »
I've also tried the above steps - same situation on macbook pro and same problems as the others. We need a solution ASAP. Without this update the product is basically useless to me as the sequencer is all messed up...barely functional. Why would you sell a product that doesn't function correctly without a firmware update in the first place? YOU owe it to us to provide a fix immediately. We bought your product in good faith and ITS BUGGED OUT right out of the box.

gabeltron

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 07:55:38 am »
UPDATE: I made the update after hours of troubleshooting. I decided to try my older imac running  osx 10.6.8. It worked immediately - no midi driver deleting BS. Apparently newer versions of osx are not compatible with this firmware update. Again, why release a product that relies on a firmware update to function correctly in the first place?

ecrase2500

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 05:07:57 am »
@terrym, my permissions are OK, also ran disk utility.

Are you on an older version of MacOS? I've foolishly updated all my available Macs to the latest so I can't test gabeltron's fix here. It would be nice if there were a more meaningful error.

markellison

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 04:40:22 pm »
Is there a way to update the Microbrute's firmware on a Mac running Sierra?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines