March 29, 2024, 06:07:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mini V with beatstep pro  (Read 2364 times)

turbo_kev

Mini V with beatstep pro
« on: October 27, 2016, 12:59:22 pm »
HI

I can midi learn the osc knob ok with the bsp in control mode
by selecting midi learn then twiddle the knob on the bsp

but how do you midi learn the osc knob in fine tune ?

cheers
Kev
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 01:02:16 pm by turbo_kev »
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

LBH

Re: Mini V with beatstep pro
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 01:56:29 pm »
but how do you midi learn the osc knob in fine tune ?

Hi,

Use  "Shift" + mouseclick.

Cheers

turbo_kev

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 03:43:02 pm »
Hi
Thanks for that info

It does work , but unlike when you just normal midi learn the knob, when I turn the knob on the BSP
the osc knob on the mini v doesnīt  move although it does adust the fine tune

Also  I canīt midi learn the mivi v osc knob for both things its 1 or the other
if I normal midi learn with knob 1 on the bsp and then shift click learn with another knob on the bsp
it cancels out the other one, is this correct or am I doing something wrong

cheers
Kev
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

LBH

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 05:43:43 pm »
Hi,

Your welcome.

You are right. Just tested. Something is wrong, that i believe has worked in an earlier version after a correction. So there is a bug again.
I believe i have done it before.

But i normally don't use mormal MIDI learn. I use Control Link in my DAW Studio One.
In that system i have a problem reaching the Y axe in Modular. If i use Shift + mouseclick on the joystick i can't see a parameter change, but when i do the same with MINI Vs fine tuning, then i can assign both semitone and finetuning. ANd i have other ways to do it.

Also in both Modular and MINI V both are automation parameters to use at the same time. For instance i can assign those to a macro i can control.

In stand alone it's not possible to use both coarse and finetune in Mini V.

About the knob movement, then i also would like the tune knob to move when using both coarse and fine tune. It don't.
I would also like it not to move during wavewidth changes. This is some minor details, i would like to get fixed.
The other stuff is more important to get fixed.

Cheers

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines