March 29, 2024, 10:07:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Do I need to export all my custom patches to switch from HD to SSD?  (Read 1467 times)

AllanBrusamolin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hey guys. I just bought a SSD to make my Ableton live sets load faster, so I'm backing up everything I want to keep, then I'm gonna switch my laptop's regular HD to the SSD. I have the ableton live set folders already backed up, but what about the V collection presets that are within the ableton live sets? Do I need to export all of the patches individually or just copying the whole Arturia folder to my backut HD does the job? I just don't want to have to make ALL of my patches from scratch. Thanks for the help.

LBH

Re: Do I need to export all my custom patches to switch from HD to SSD?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 05:46:47 pm »
I would guess that Arturia has nothing to do with Abletons presets.

So i would think you shall back-up your Ableton presets and move them to the new disk.

And then i guess you have to be sure, that the paths you use in your Ableton presets to open Arturias applications with the Ableton presets, is the same as in the old one, or be sure you can change the paths very easy.

In this i pressume thats how Abletons presets work. I don't think you can open a Ableton preset inside a Arturia application. I don't think a DAW preset save the Arturia (or any other applications) preset it self, but only a path and the settings for an application/ the application and alike.
If the Ableton preset had all data and functionality, then you could use it without having the original third party applications, i suppose. So i don't think this is the case.

Actually i would allways save my presets as a Arturia preset and back them up too, so they are availble inside Arturias applications to use anywhere. And then save as a Ableton/ a DAW preset alongside when needed.

Hope this helps you.
I don't use Ableton. Perhaps someone who use Ableton can tell more.
But i think i would do the above anyway, to be sure to get things to work as easy as possible.

I can also suggest you ask in Ableton forum. As i see it, this is about Ableton.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 07:17:32 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines