April 19, 2024, 11:07:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: trying new BSP three nights now, Every time a new problem. today:Transpose Latch  (Read 2212 times)

teknoid

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
hi

okay, so after finding out the "there is no way to use more than one midi channel for the drum sequencer BUG", now this:

Transpose latching. Could someone please tell me with what settings you have to make this work? I have tried everything (I work with midi for 27 years now).
What I want to do is transpose-latch a sequence with the internal keypad.
In MCC I tried setting the Transpose input channel to all possible settings. Just as all the other settings.

I am thinking of returning the Beat Step Pro. I only had frustration until now  :(
I am on the latest firmware.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:49:50 pm by teknoid »

Peter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
You must hold the Sequencer 1 (or 2) button and press a pad. Hope it helps

teknoid

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
That sir, just made my day.

...now if only all the bugs were simple user errors like this...

come on with these updates Arturia, this machine is Not finished in it's current state, it is only a potentiality...

thanks again Peter!

Peter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
You are welcome.

And yeah, this thing have it's issues. I made two posts about my problems. Now I don't know should I wait for an update or simply sell my BSP and get an Electribe 2 or some other sequencer.

vjuge

I would add that the transpose key combination (SQ + note pad) is not practical.
I would prefer to not have this combination, just pressing the note pad and oct+/- pads, because during live sessions, one hand is used to transpose and the other is used for a synth, cutoff freq, for example.

Arturia : can you implement this feature as an option in MCC ? I assume it shouldn't be very hard !!!

By the way, I've read somewhere that I'm not the only requesting that, please !

teknoid

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
@ Peter :

>Now I don't know should I wait for an update or simply sell my BSP

I am hoping for updates too, but I can tell you this: the microbrute has a bug in midisyncing the sequencer, making it useless. This error was 'officially statused as bug' by Arturia, very soon after its release. It never got fixed, Not one firmware update. I had to sell mine. What they did release where white and pink versions of the mega selling unit. So I expect they stop develloping as soon as they decide the product works 'good enough'. Or if it sells enough. Cdm helps them with the ghostwriting.

This is also why I lost my energy writing long bug explanations and feature requests to Arturia. Pitty really, so much potential this machine. Nice physical machine and nicely packaged.

but like I Need that they implement a function to turn all 16 buttons at once.
aand what about: touch a rotary controller and simultaneous touch a notepad to program it's note!

So much potential...
They should open up the software to the public, with an SDK, like someone here suggested. Like korg with it's volca sample. Like novation launchpad.
That would save this product, and everybody that payed for it.

Reading the self back-patting advertisement that is the manual makes me kind of angry. In it's currents state, any old dated electribe is a more advanced sequencer, period.
Because that's what they actually made, an extra limited legacy electribe with modern looks. My 1981 yamaha drummachine is a midi-settings miracle compared to this. Long live 'innovation'.

Arturia: don't just say it's innovative, Make it innovative.
We are waiting for firmware updates.
Now nobody knows nothing, and that's when you get frustrated customers...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 12:14:08 am by teknoid »

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
My 1981 yamaha drummachine is a midi-settings miracle compared to this.

Which machine is that?
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

teknoid

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
My 1981 yamaha drummachine is a midi-settings miracle compared to this.

Which machine is that?

YAMAHA RX5. lets you assign any key in the 16 channel midi standard

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines