April 16, 2024, 04:06:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Release Date  (Read 25097 times)

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
Re: Release Date
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 11:03:20 pm »
I think the horse's mouth is still too busy chomping the software, hardware and production schedule to answer us.
This is a very very ambitious product at a price that is crazy low. There is a lot of wobbly analogue stuff under the hood.
If Arturia had gone cheapo via the Arm processor route we would have had a dogs dinner months ago.

I am jumping from one leg to the other in anticipation but fear a long long wait. My fear is loss of a lot of orders for Arturia.

I can only turn to GAK as every one else doesn't have any idea.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2016, 12:07:33 am »
Well, everybody has an idea, not just GAK, and they're all different and mutable.

Therein lies the problem; who do we trust, are all shops just making up random dates every now and then, how do we plan for expenditure and studio configuration, do we buy a different synth before we die of old age while waiting? In my own case I know that this is the synth I want and have already placed an order - there is nothing in the market that interest me more. I'm also a patient man used to a bit of waiting... mine arrives when it does. However, I'd like others to have a realistic estimate of the availability since I want the MB to be a runaway success, flying off the shelves, so that we stand a chance of seeing more crazy innovative beasts like it.

PXPT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • MatrixBrute twiddler
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2016, 11:24:51 am »
I've spoken to the company I have the pre-order with and they said that their supplier does not expect any units until at least the third week in January 2017. So, taking this into account + all the other mutterings I have heard, it currently looks like towards the end of January/start of February to me. Apparently though, I'm near the head of the queue to get mine when it eventually arrives...

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2016, 06:56:40 pm »
I suppose the irritating thing is that the MB was announced so long ago. The publicity department would be given a significant pedal-perineal impact if I were the manger.

Waiting for the MB has been like waiting for the Geminids , lots of promise  but with kids (me admittedly the most impatient of all) becoming more and more impatient as no meteors show up.

Alternatives would be a Doepfer eurorack set up
1700 squids would get a lot of stuff and easily mimic the MB spec(not the sound)
The eurorack format is a pain and I have never taken the jump to  eurorack ( actually the main thing that stops me buying rack synths is a typical wooden case costs £300???)

The import cost of Synth.com modules is prohibitive but Moon modular would be worth a look especially before we say bye to the continent.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2016, 10:23:15 pm »
From the Sound Design page it looks like steadily more units are finding their way out to select(!?) users (or just preset designers(?)). I guess it's futile asking Arturia about anything here, but I'll do it anyway ;) : is there now a rough schedule in place that you'd want to share?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 10:46:23 pm by DrJustice »

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2016, 09:31:35 pm »
I would expect that there are only 1 or 2 MB's that are doing the rounds between designers who will be allowed to keep a MatrixBrute for a few weeks before sending it on.

Will the MB's be manufactured in the US?  GAK seemed to think so.

Hope not , the price will rocket to £2500 if the MB has to be shipped over from the US.

The best place would be to manufacture the MB would be in Germany( of course)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2016, 11:28:23 pm »
MatrixBrutes can be easily differentiated and identified by the unique wood grain in each. It's just like identifying individual elephants by their ears. Some might say it's an obsession to go in depth like this, I say it's just being thorough and fact oriented [1]  ;D

As can be seen in the image below (click the image to open a new full size view), there are quite a few different MBs in the hands of sound designers and demonstrators, which is not unreasonable with several prototypes and several pre-production units. There'll soon be enough for everybody!

[1] Of course the internet hates thoroughness, facts, references etc., but I care not one jot!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 04:56:27 pm by DrJustice »

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2016, 02:20:12 pm »
Dr Justice !!! ::)

What a sleuth ! , Pat yourself on the back and glow in self admiration with your wonderful detective work.

So there are 4 MBs at least. Can that mean that many,  many more are about or would that be speculation ?  ;D

The end pieces  could be  just different bits of wood that have been stuck on the ends after a refurb when the synth is returned. Eh ....Eh....

Like I said not many seem to be about , I would say 4 and these  are probably having to be passed around ,

This product is months from launch never mind free distribution with a reasonable delivery time. I recognise the signs , My forte . looking for signs (of illness) The clue is in my post name

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2016, 07:09:17 pm »
From one doctor to another, you shouldn't try to make the worst of it. It's getting us all down. I recommend playing your AKS for 2 hours each day to ease the waiting  :P

BTW, there are 10 or 11 different MBs identified in the picture. From my experience with consumer electronics development (hi-fi), there's often a few tens of a box made prior to the volume production ramping up. They're used for testing and fine tuning the production and QA process - and in the case of a synth, probably sent out to a few preset authors. I take it as a good sign that there are more than the first few prototypes round by now :)

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2016, 12:20:57 am »
Sorry if I came across as terse, I aplogise.

My alterior motive is to provoke a comment , any comment , a squeak , anything about the MB , by being well provocative,

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
Got mine!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2016, 08:09:34 pm »
Whoa!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2016, 09:20:25 pm »
Whoa indeed! Where? When? How? Tell us more :)

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2016, 09:34:52 pm »
  ;D
JUST kidding

But they are shipping!

Did you get an email announcing this?

I have down loaded the manual and uploaded to an online printer , I have specified 180 gsm card for the printing with spiral binding and single sided printing .

Will settle my deposit up tomorrow morning and then sleepless nights waiting for delivery.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2016, 02:55:53 am »
No, I didn't get any e-mail. I generally opt out of company e-mail though...

It's not available quite yet. If you got to buy on from the Arturia store it says:
"ATTENTION: This product is currently in pre-order only. Shippings will begin on January 15th, 2017."
If nothing else, that looks like a firm date by Arturia.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 03:02:56 am by DrJustice »

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2016, 03:43:45 pm »
First units have been shipped...
DGDGDGDGDG

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines