April 25, 2024, 09:54:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Release Date  (Read 25175 times)

PXPT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • MatrixBrute twiddler
Release Date
« on: October 05, 2016, 12:50:55 am »
Ok - maybe I'm pushing my luck here... but when is the MatrixBrute expected to be released...?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Release Date
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 11:04:40 am »
I've been monitoring several webshops to keep a tab on it. The latest published dates are mid December. Arturia themselves says "at the end of this year". So with a bit of luck, Santa will load up his sleigh with MatrixBrutes :D

PXPT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • MatrixBrute twiddler
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 12:40:58 pm »
Just seen the "Available In December" message on the MatrixBrute Details page on the Arturia website... Hopefully I'll be receiving my MatrixBrute as a Christmas present to myself!

RossoRacer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 01:27:28 pm »
When I look at UK music shops they are saying 3rd to last week in January.
'Climb aboard the shopping trolley of chaos'

PXPT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • MatrixBrute twiddler
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 02:35:23 pm »
It's possible that they mention January as they have had pre-orders in already and any newer orders will not be able to be fulfilled until then...
...but that's just me being optimistic (I'll have a meltdown if I have to wait too much longer...).

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 04:58:10 pm »
 ???
I predict June  2017 will be the release time for the MatrixBrute.

There is clearly a problem with this magnificent product, otherwise there would have been a nice smooth path from announcement in early 2016 to sample release in Spring  2016 to 1st batch release in summer 2016 to debugged 2nd batch release in Autumn 2016. 

There are very few samples in the world

There is no downloadable manual suggesting that features have not been finalised.

There has been release of the Drumbrute instead suggesting that production man power has been diverted to another area as no MatrixBrutes are being produced.

I have left  retailer  a 12% deposit in confidence that a Matrix Brute production run will start in May June 2017. Oh well there is the DeepMind 12 to take delivery of before then  :o

PXPT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • MatrixBrute twiddler
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 11:23:35 pm »
I do agree that once the MatrixBrute is due to be released then the manual/misc stuff will appear on the Arturia support page. I don't agree that it will be until mid next year, or rather, I hope it will not be that long. If is is beginning to look like it then I will probably cancel my order and, perhaps, start looking at something else like Doepfer... or, possibly the Deepmind 12...

Having said that, I do feel that Arturia are actually gearing up for a release... I sense a sort of vibe in the air...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 11:29:57 pm by PXPT »

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 12:36:30 am »
Naw, that vibe is the sound of other synths in the air. I reckon that the MB has been too difficult for the team at Arturia to stick to any  sort of time line.

Those releases in the news are just keeping interest in this as-yet-dead-synth alive.

A major U.K. Retailer said that any chance of delivery this side of Xmas is a fools errand.

Bet you a pint it will be mid summer 2017 and Arturia will be kicked into the long grass by the Deep Mind 12 and the Doepfer keyboard and the string of Korgs and the near release Roland's that manage to stick to a time line.

If you are thinking of cancelling many many others will too. SynthExit like Brexit

Shame !

PXPT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • MatrixBrute twiddler
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 01:57:26 pm »
I've already got fed up with waiting for the Audiofuse and have now purchased and installed an alternative. Let's hope the same does not hold for the MatrixBrute... (crosses fingers).

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 03:39:10 pm »
For what it's worth, they just added a new "Sound Design" page to the MatrixBrute product info. Perhaps it's a sign of things happening.

In any case, it looks to me like they're committed to shipping the first units in December. Whether we are the lucky ones to get early units is a different matter (I'm never lucky :(...)

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 10:45:59 pm »
The MB product page says Available December . Looks like it's going to be even later than I thought December 2017 :'(

Can't mean this December as the 1st week is nearly over according to my Peppa Pig-advent calendar

PXPT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • MatrixBrute twiddler
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 12:08:32 pm »
Anyone from Arturia care to comment about the release date...?

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 02:16:23 pm »
Just spoke to GAK in England who hold by deposit , they are not expecting anything before March 2017.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 03:52:20 pm »
Arturia themselves expects to start delivery in December, as shown on the webpage, as said when asked and as said on the recent "tour" with the MatrixBrute and DrumBrute. Webshops mostly have the date down as December to late January. Who are we to believe? Does GAK alone hold the truth? A statement from the horse's mouth would be good, helping customers with planning.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 03:58:44 pm by DrJustice »

tomoe97

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 07:35:05 pm »
According to Noisebug, they won't ship until the end of January.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines