March 28, 2024, 06:59:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Release Date  (Read 24970 times)

Glen:)

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Release Date
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2017, 06:46:26 pm »
I agree with you DraKs. We need answers. To me it looks like they have taken all our money and don't give a flying f**k about us.

Thierry -Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2017, 07:06:03 pm »
Hi guys,

Very sorry to hear that some very early adopters couldn't get their hands on a MatrixBrute, while some late(r) ones could.
It seems as unfair to me as it feels to you!

As a developer I don't know the very details of our sales/logistics/etc dpts, but I do know that we sent units to our distributors all around the world, and I believe it is not easy to control everything that happens after that.

Now I can say that our production rate is far, far superior to the 20/month guess that was made here! I know that for a fact... I was checking the production line last week - literally surrounded by MatrixBrutes !
A lot of MatrixBrutes are ready, and a lot of them are already sailing on the seven seas. But those trips take weeks... hence the wait.
(Also, no strap or anything like that on the pcbs)

I really look forward to you getting your MatrixBrute... and us getting your feedback ! (I truely hope you will find it worth the wait, I believe it is ; at least I feel it was worth the hard work.. and that wasn't exactly a piece of cake ;)

Cheers

Thierry

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2017, 07:45:12 pm »
Thank you for your reply, I apologise for other posters bad language , it should be discouraged and removed.

We appreciate your efforts and truly our impatience is a great compliment to you all at Arturia .

You undoubtedly have all engaged in gargantuan efforts to bring this already iconic instrument to us.

I will remain impatient nevertheless

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2017, 08:28:37 pm »
I understand that the developers have nothing to do with the logistics. However, it's beginning to become a question of whether anything is being done about it, or if everything is just being sent out willy-nilly. If it's a mystery for the logistics people, here's a plan: ask distributors for lists of retailers who have customers with pre-orders, and that's were you send the first batches.

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2017, 08:42:20 pm »
DraKs Im using bad language because it's warranted. Nearly a years wait is too long :(
I appreciate that the MB is a beast of a synth and will be a nightmare to build but I do think they have gone about the selling of it all wrong. It should of only just come into sale in music stores this year as it's now in production.
I appreciate the post by arturia today saying they are shipping but it's still not a definite answer of when we will receive our goods :(
There's no saying that this shipment will be for the back orders of the synth.
I really do think they should tell their customers a date and stick to it.

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2017, 08:44:42 pm »
Agreed Dr.Justice :) it's not hard ;)

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2017, 10:39:02 pm »
Bad language is never warranted. It is diminutive and a degradation of standards.
It never adds anything  always assembles barriers , I know from bitter experience working at the sharp end of the NHS.
Please do not swear on the forum

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2017, 11:17:22 pm »
I think your wrong. Bad language is needed now and again especially when a company takes nearly 2grand of my very hard earned money and dosent come up with anything at all. It was posted to make my feelings clear and to create a reaction.
I think if more people kicked up a fuss then arturia will pull their fingers out. Which is well overdue.

PXPT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • MatrixBrute twiddler
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2017, 10:07:53 am »
Now I can say that our production rate is far, far superior to the 20/month guess that was made here! I know that for a fact... I was checking the production line last week - literally surrounded by MatrixBrutes !
A lot of MatrixBrutes are ready, and a lot of them are already sailing on the seven seas. But those trips take weeks... hence the wait.

Thanks for the information Thierry. I was getting concerned as to what the production rate was. All we have to do now is wait for the ships to arrive with the goods!

It must feel good seeing all those MatrixBrutes piled up in the factory and knowing that you helped develop them!

lensflare

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • https://soundcloud.com/lensflare-564296261
    • Lensflare Soundcloud
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2017, 10:34:28 am »

Would the shop be this one? If so they have more in stock...

Hi,

no, it's a local music store in Rome.
actually, I was only lucky.
the store told me that they placed an order in Arturia as dealer more than 6 months ago.
they recevied 1 device for showing and 1 device for selling.
being this shop not one of the main shops in Rome (neither in italy of course) I was lucky in finding their availability just the day after the matrixbrute arrival in the shop.
probably, most of the people were pushing directly Arturia, Thomann and the biggest shops while "forgetting" that some minor shops could have placed orders month ago, so in pole position for the first shipments.

I think Arturia is simply following the basic rules (FIFO) the first ordering, the first shipping.

I contacted Arturia in december, they told me that firs tunits were shipping to the first dealers alla aroun the world which placed an order.
they gently suggested me to order from Thomann.
I placed the order and in the first week of January Thomann told me that shipment was foreseen for half March (!)
I already told what happened after.
I was only lucky, I managed 2 orders cancellation, and bought my MB when the funds on the credit cards were still locked for Music Store...
www.lensflare.it
 "Our Planet - Gaia, Mother Earth - is a Living being and all life forms are her offspring"

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2017, 11:19:03 am »
The distribution concerns are becoming a dominant issue on this informative forum.

I wonder if this could be turned around through customers providing proof of order date and Arturia fulfilling those orders in date order

Thierry -Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2017, 11:51:11 am »
Hi,
Just a quick precision : Arturia does not get a dime from pre-orders (other than the ones from the Arturia Webstore, which opened last month with an availability warning). Retailers take them, and -hopefully- fulfill them as soon as they are sent units (provided they have ordered some!)

However this issue is a real concern and it has been raised to our sales team. I must admit that with Namm show going on I am not sure how fast we can get an answer to it.

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2017, 05:16:30 pm »
Thank you for your rapid and informative response. It is reassuring to know that this issue is being taken seriously by the sales team.

So the deposit sits with the retailer...no benefit to Arturia,  a point well made which perhaps has not had  acknowledgement from customers.

I hope Arturia's sales team consider my idea and perhaps give it some consideration.

The feed back that will be generated from users such  Dr.Justice , Glen:) and me when we report about our experiences with an MB will surely be supportive to Arturia. We would like to be  the early adopters and we are  dedicated to getting the most from our kit if only we had an MB 

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2017, 05:35:13 pm »
Thank you Thierry! It's good to know that consideration is given to the issue.

You see, by making these extraordinary bold synths, you create extraordinary anticipation with synth enthusiasts ;)

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2017, 07:41:39 pm »
If the Arturia website had taken preorders earlier in the year , I would have ordered directly from Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines