April 19, 2024, 07:17:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Release Date  (Read 25117 times)

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
Re: Release Date
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2016, 01:00:01 am »
Are you able to say if any are coming to GAK in Brighton UK, they have 10 on order, one is mine.I tried to pay up today but the guy dealing with my order is still on Christmas holiday.

This synth is going to be a MONSTER  success. I haven't had this feeling of desperation for an item since my 1st synth in 1984!

My brother is dithering between the MB and the MM model D re-release. Hope to convince him to get an MB

PXPT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • MatrixBrute twiddler
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2017, 11:01:30 am »
I have down loaded the manual and uploaded to an online printer , I have specified 180 gsm card for the printing with spiral binding and single sided printing .

Just curious - who did you use to print out the manual? Good idea!

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2017, 01:41:48 pm »
I am in the UK. Just got mine today, it is A4 whilst the one with the synth looks like A5.

The diagram outlines look a little un-focussed.

I should have specified heavier paper and a stiffer cover as the manual is a little floppy.

The spiral binding is a must as it makes handling the manual over a synth easier and the one sided printing allows notes or routings to be recorded.

My order was from DoxDirect.

I get all my synth manuals printed by them so the originals remain pristine. 'This one was £18.

You can take it to Staples but They  were pricier.

I use Staples to duplicate dust covers of vintage books e.g. A rare book about Sir Clive Sinclair.

PXPT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • MatrixBrute twiddler
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2017, 01:00:23 am »
My brother is dithering between the MB and the MM model D re-release. Hope to convince him to get an MB

Is he mad? - the MatrixBrute wins hands down LOL :)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2017, 06:40:14 pm »
I just got word from my supplier. My MB is to arrive at their facilities mid March  :'(

That was the supplier I was recommended by Arturia to place my order with to get one early. So much for "available" in December, or "shipping" in January... ;)

With that my position officially changes from patient to desperate!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 06:51:28 pm by DrJustice »

GuyPerchard

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2017, 07:37:19 pm »
MatrixBrute production is now full steam ahead, so you'll hopefully get yours sooner rather than later. Don't worry... the last couple of weeks wait will just make it so much sweeter when you get THAT phone call :)

You'll feel like you've won the lottery! Hope you love it when you get your hands on it.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2017, 08:13:24 pm »
Thank you for the comforting words, Guy :)

I take it there's not much use in cancelling my order and trying to find some other dealer with an earlier date then...

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2017, 08:42:04 pm »
DrJustice

Do you know how many are above you on the list? Would you say who is the supplier?

I would stick to your current supplier.

My Sub 37 arrived in May 2016 having been promised it in December 2015.

I suspect the same will be with the MB, way way late.

When you get one it will be like a drink of ice cold water on a sweltering day, more sweet than words can express. Does any one know the production rate?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2017, 09:11:27 pm »
@DrAKS,

my order is with Thomann, who has incidentally changed the official status from various dates via "not yet available" to "on request". I have no idea about my place on the list. I can't remember being so stoked for a synth since sometime in the early 80s.

Now looking for good offers on 2-3 months cryo-sleep :P

P.S. I posted this back in June last year on GS to illustrate the degree of anticipation:

« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 09:15:35 pm by DrJustice »

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2017, 09:37:00 pm »
I just asked the spirits Doc, they say you are a good man and they are going to work to get your order in really,really soon.

I feel the same as you. What I do is re-read the manual and make notes  in the margins. Have you tried that? It serves to sate my thirst a little.

I have bought a broken DAB radio and I will try to fix it as a distraction.

I have prepared a place in my rig for the MB  and I adjust its' connections and effects I will link to it.

It all helps

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2017, 10:13:44 pm »
Aye. I've got some software projects to keep me busy.

Perhaps we should meet up and have have AA (Arturians Anonymous) meetings with backorder therapy sessions  ;D

DrAKS

• TD wannabe

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2017, 10:56:23 pm »
Could this be true?

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/keyboards/detail.asp?stock=160121292691008&gclid=CMqn8tbCvdECFQONGwodgjEIwA
Well, their delivery info says:
"Real Time Stock Levels
At GUITARGUITAR we operate a real-time stock management system so the second items are puchased online, or in store, the stock levels are adjusted so that we never oversell. Our aim is to give our customers the most accurate information so that you can buy in confidence knowing that your order will turn up when it should."

I'm at the checkout with one in my basket, for immediate delivery. I'm literally one click away from paying.... however, it could be a big mistake to switch supplier now and lose my position in the queue. Then again... Aaaahrg :o

Edit: In a lucid moment I checked how they define "available" for other items, and this one is only available for pre-order - it did not mean that you can pre order AND that they have 5+ items available. Phew! That was a close shave!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:05:55 am by DrJustice »

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2017, 11:43:37 pm »
Just imagine if you had clicked buy you could have got an email from guitar guitar by now saying
 ;D
'Your order is prepared for dispatch"

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2017, 12:52:03 am »
Noooo! Stop it! It doesn't bear thinking about!  :P

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines