April 25, 2024, 01:10:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A detail about VCF IL level values.  (Read 1983 times)

LBH

A detail about VCF IL level values.
« on: October 02, 2016, 06:08:34 pm »
A detail about VCF IL level values.

The VCF initial levels (IL) values shown in the display go from 0 to positive values, but it should show values from 0 to negative values.
The function work correct. It's just vrong the IL parameters show positive values. The understanding of the two VCF IL parameters is better, if they show the negative values, they actually provide in the value display. So the values shown should be from 0 to negative values.

Best.

jeffbart

Re: A detail about VCF IL level values.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 11:37:06 am »
+ 1

The original hardware CS80 has a "-5" at the top of the range for IL. The AL has "+5" at the top.

http://www.rlmusic.co.uk/rlm3/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Yamaha_CS80_CB_04.jpg
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

LBH

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 02:05:59 pm »
It's hard to see because the CS80 V3 GUI unfortunately is too fuzzy, but the CS80 V3 GUI do dispplay correct for both IL and AL. IL is shown as 0 to -5, and AL is shown as 0 to 5 on the CS80 V3 GUI. That's correct.
But in the value display that show the current parameter value, IL don't show the negative values, that it should.

It's a detail like other threads in the forum show, then CS80 V3 have much worse issues, that's much more important to be fixed. But fixing this detail should'nt take long i suppose.
It is important for the understanding of what the IL does, that it show negative values in the parameter value display. especially when it's hard to read the GUI.

jeffbart

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 11:31:19 am »
Ah, I see what you mean. The current value isn't negative.
I notice too that IL goes from 0 to 0.5, while AL goes from 0 to 1.0
I also didn't check the front panel. I agree it's way to fuzzy to notice until you squint your eyes and get up close!
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines