March 28, 2024, 08:54:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Routing output of each individual drum to an input in Pro Tools?  (Read 4520 times)

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Routing output of each individual drum to an input in Pro Tools?
« on: September 23, 2016, 05:46:04 pm »
I have the Spark software, and want to treat the recording of each individual element of the recorded kit individually, as I would tracking a live kit.

Does anyone have any pointers on how to do so?
I'm newer to doing this with midi drums, soft synths are far easier to set up.
I would appreciate any tips, pics, vid links, or screen shots you may have.

I'm using the Rock Drums kit, and keeping it simple.
Kick
Snare
Hi Hat
2 Rack Toms
1 Floor Tom
Ride Cymbal
Crash Cymbal
China Splash Cymbal.

Thanks so much in advance.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

LBH

Re: Routing output of each individual drum to an input in Pro Tools?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 11:24:12 pm »
In the bottom of the mixer page in Spark Plug-in there is a "Outputs" menu. You can select the preset "16 outs".
Read about this in Spark manual from section 7.2.
Also under each mixer channel you can select the wanted output. When loading the plug-in the channels is set to send to "Master".

The rest is how your DAW handle plug-ins that can use multiple outputs. I use Studio One and i just have to check the channels i want in checkboxes in a drop down menu for the plug-in.
If you can't find how to do it with Spark in Pro Tools, then search how to do it with Native Instruments Kontakt. There are info about that on the web. It should be the same procedure for the things done in Pro Tools.

Hope this helps.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 04:05:58 pm »
Thanks so much!
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 02:05:20 am »
Create 8 instrument tracks (or however many you need) in PT, put spark on the first instrument channel and as stated above set your spark to multi outs.

In the remaining instrument channels set their input to plug in ... spark. You'll see 1 L, 2 L, 3 L, 4 R etc etc.

Put your kick on 1, as it needs to be master. Snare on 2, hi hat 3 etc until you have your full kit.

Remember that master, or your kick will be affected by whatever affect and processing are on you master bus from within spark.

I tend to keep this chain clean and mix in PT

hope that helps

Stuart
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 02:08:25 am by stuart »
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo