March 29, 2024, 11:52:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Power over MIDI?  (Read 3685 times)

everslick

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Power over MIDI?
« on: September 23, 2016, 12:39:42 pm »
Does the Beatstep Pro supply power over MIDI? I expected the Beatstep to do this when i bought it but when plugging it into my MIDI Solutions Quadra Thru, nothing happened. Then i found this:

http://www.midisolutions.com/faqs.htm

Following is a list of products that have been reported NOT to provide power to the MIDI Solutions products:
Arturia BeatStep, Minibrute SE

It says nothing about the Beatstep Pro so maybe this has been fixed in the Pro version?

Thanks!

Krapod

Re: Power over MIDI?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 01:35:02 pm »
Does the Beatstep Pro supply power over MIDI?
Yes, it does. Beatstep's Midi adapter has a 2 contacts mini-jack, Beatstep Pro has 3. The third is for power supply.

everslick

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 07:35:22 pm »
Yes, it does. Beatstep's Midi adapter has a 2 contacts mini-jack, Beatstep Pro has 3. The third is for power supply.

The manual says that connector (black) is for clock synch which is not really what i'm after, i can synch the clock over USB. I want to send MIDI from one of the gray jacks to my Quadra Thru and power it by MIDI, will it be able to do that? My guess is no since it is a 3.5mm jack.

Krapod

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 12:32:35 pm »
The mini-jacks of the two grey adapters have 3 contacts. One of these contacts is for power supply.
You can connect a Midi Solution product without problem.

everslick

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 07:40:01 pm »
The mini-jacks of the two grey adapters have 3 contacts.

Ah, misread it. I thought you were talking about the sockets on the Beatstep Pro, but you mean the actual plug. So, Beaststep Pro uses TRS (3 connection points) and Beatstep TS (2 connection points). Got it. Thank you very much.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines