April 19, 2024, 10:51:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SparkLE drastic volume changes with each kit  (Read 1480 times)

ramoore44

SparkLE drastic volume changes with each kit
« on: September 19, 2016, 02:50:29 am »
Just a comment.. New user of the SparkLE. Love the machine and instrument quality, EXCEPT the severe volume changes for each kit. I just about blew out my monitors (and ears) when switching kits. The output of some are so soft that they are barely audible and others are set to max volume. I am finding a necessity to keep one hand on the volume pot when selecting new kits. If any experts out there know if there is a fix, please pass it along! The sounds need to be tied to a true master volume control!  :-\

Regards.

Re: SparkLE drastic volume changes with each kit
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 05:46:00 am »
the way spark is set up....There isn't much of a way to control this other than riding the volume. I have factory kits, expansion kits, user kits from the internet, my own kit designs, etc.... The volume is all over the place. The controller DOES have a master volume, and I often turn this way down after switching kits. I start very low and just ease my way in! Sorry I don't have a better solution. Spark is a pretty diverse sound engine and samples can really be anything so... Factory kits have number authors as well, some really red line it with multiple compressors and limiters, and some have very natural sounds. Spark also has a lot of vintage drum machine emulations, which are going to sound way less hot than a newer dubstep or hip hop kit. You could always slap a limiter on your master channel every time, or route it into your daw with a comp/limiter on the channel to make this easier if you wish. I agree the kits that start with clipped samples should not be happening....

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines