April 25, 2024, 08:20:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Control BSP with external keyboard  (Read 5422 times)

krangster

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Control BSP with external keyboard
« on: September 05, 2016, 06:08:43 pm »
Hi, how do I record sequences with an external midi keyboard in the BSP? I've connected a midi cable going from my keyboard into the BSP, pressed record on BSP and play keys on my keyboard, but nothing happens. It's like it doesn't receive any midi from it.

peteb

Re: Control BSP with external keyboard
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 07:40:30 pm »
Hi

I tried this - its either a bug, not implemented or we both have broken midi controllers...

Pete

krangster

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 09:49:37 pm »
Hi

I tried this - its either a bug, not implemented or we both have broken midi controllers...

Pete

That's awful. I seem to remember watching some promotional video about the BSP saying that this was indeed a feature. I also read it in the manual, but there's no instruction as to how to go about doing it. Plug and play obviously doesn't work.

Stakker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 06:11:36 pm »
I also have the same problem and the BSP is pretty much half-useless without MIDI input :-/

I am routing MIDI channels via USB from Ableton though, but it should be all set up OK and MIDI out from BSP works fine.

Some help would be much appreciated!

dog01

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 09:55:53 am »
So i have little sucess getting this work myself...and some wierd bugs like every step from external keybord being c42 no matter what i pressed but on facebook group for (the beatstep pro and keystep) there are heaps of people who seem to have got this working i will list the steps they said to follow

ks (or any midi decives midi out to BSP midi in have sequncer and ks/ midi decive on same midi channel, press play and record on the bsp.
play ks (at least that what i did) (they then posted how they used usb daw to send sequncers to beatstep pro to be recorded and saved on BSP

let me know how you go maybe i need to reset the frimware on my beatstep

regards dog01

DJRickDawson

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 01:09:04 am »
anyone get this to work?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 12:56:20 pm »
Hi all , I'm not sure what your problem is As i have 3 units here all working fine tested on different keyboards and controllers. you must have the correct midi channel set on your keyboard for this too work with the bsp  .Please let me know if i can help buy giving me your set up.

regards
Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

faster

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 06:13:56 pm »
It works for me just fine too

I have 2 midi keyboards, Miditech 25 and EdirolPCR300.

Both work.

PS. Did you guy look ALSO into MIDI out? Not only MIDI in??? I had a similar problem, but ins/outs can be set without PC.

It is in Manual page 45,46
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 06:24:04 pm by faster »

dog01

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 10:07:37 am »
I think i will back up and reset then do a clean update of the latest firmware i will also tinker with send and receive channels in mcc at the moment everything set to user so i can change channels on the unit without the software

regards Dog01

dog01

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 09:09:06 am »
so after a factory reset... it all work i was able to input note data from a midi synth and play midi notes from a daw and have the beatstep pro record them into a sequencer i am very happy now.

;D thanks for the info everyone

regards Dog01   

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines