April 24, 2024, 07:29:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep and Moog Sync Questions  (Read 2142 times)

alan_smythee

Beatstep and Moog Sync Questions
« on: September 05, 2016, 06:36:56 am »
Hi everyone,

I purchased a beatstep recently and have two questions:

1. I'm syncing to a mother 32, but I'm still hearing notes playing even when the pads are disengaged / muted.  Is this an issue with the settings on the beatstep or is it not possible for the moog to be used this way? I've updated to the most recent firmware.

2. Is it possible to sync the beatstep w/ an external midi clock if I'm controlling another synth via its midi out? (For example, I'd like to use the beatstep to control a moog minitaur, but I'd like to activate the sequences in time with an ext drum machine.  What might the routing look like in this set up?)

Big thanks,
AS

dog01

Re: Beatstep and Moog Sync Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 03:58:12 pm »
Hi alan smythee

There is no midi in port on the beatstep so the only way to send midi to the beatstep is to use the USB port which as functions both a midi in and out for the beatstep

so setup something like this: external drum machine midi out___ to input of a midi to USB interface (you will need a host function from USB to midi interface and power for the beatstep) USB from interface_____ into USB of beatstep midi out_____ to synth

i am not sure if the USB to midi interface will work because of the slave and master relationship USB has and possible power issues best bet would be one of these (http://www.iconnectivity.com/products/midi/iConnectMIDI2plus) or this one for stand alone (http://www.iconnectivity.com/products/midi/mio2)... what will definitely work with is a computer or daw...otherwise buy the beatstep pro as it has midi in

Regards dog01       

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines