March 28, 2024, 02:08:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pro5 doesn't render correctly  (Read 3254 times)

jhbradley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Pro5 doesn't render correctly
« on: August 25, 2016, 05:57:52 am »
Environment: Sonar Platinum current release, Win 10 x64.

Test: Create a blank project, instantiate a Prophet V3 instrument. Pick factory preset #22 'harmonium' and record some playing. Then, go draw some CC#7 data (at 16th note granularity) to have the volume swell in and out.

Plays just fine at normal speed. However, if I 'freeze' the track (e.g. render to audio, which runs at faster than real-time speed) the result is random. It doesn't follow the CC volume at all, and sometimes it renders with the first couple of seconds cut off (and the CC volume still ignored/garbled).

A similar thing happens if I don't freeze the track (keeping the VST live), but export the entire project as a 2-channel .wav file for MP3ification and distribution. Unsurprisingly, I guess, because that's also running at faster than real-time speed.

If I instantiate a Prophet V2 and copy the same midi note + CC data to that track, it works flawlessly.

jhbradley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Pro5 doesn't render correctly
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 06:25:48 am »
BTW, I should mention that the V3 version only renders incorrectly if I'm sending it CC data. If I just confine myself to note on/off events, it seems to render perfectly every time.

Also, I'm using the VST3 version of the Prophet V3 plugin, on the principle that it's presumably the New More Better Thing. For the Prophet V2, I'm using VST2... there was no VST3 version, IIRC.

jeffbart

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 01:24:16 am »
 I think I have seen similar issues in this forum (other app, other DAW) that suggested to export in real time to preserve the CCs etc.
e.g. http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=88133.msg133171#msg133171

I don't know if it will help for 'freeze'. Obviously it would be better if rendering worked perfectly no matter how you froze/exported etc.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 01:32:54 am by jeffbart »
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

jhbradley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 11:20:55 pm »
Just another data point. I installed both the VST2.4 and VST3 versions of the current Prophet (V3_3_0_2_98), and tried track-freezing with both. Neither one rendered correctly if there was MIDI CC data (e.g. volume changes) in the track. The old V2 Prophet from Collection 4 (VST2) works flawlessly.

Other than the flaw of "not being as nice to use as the V3 version with the larger UI and the nice search functionality," that is.

jhbradley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 07:30:35 pm »
Works now - thanks!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines