March 28, 2024, 04:22:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencer synch with Ableton  (Read 4355 times)

corum_beasley

Sequencer synch with Ableton
« on: August 20, 2016, 09:11:24 pm »
If i right click on the start button of the  Modular V there is an option to External Sequencer Start. I have right clicked on all the relevant buttons on the sequencer section of the Arp 2600v but cannot find the equivalent option. How do i synch the sequencer with Ableton?

I have been having a great time with this synth and especially with the sequencer, which is everything i wanted from the Moog 960 on the Modular V, i wish Arturia would faithfully recreate the 960 and related modules, 961, 962, 963, 994 please. I can edit on the fly very easily with the 1601 and thank very much for that Arturia!!

LBH

Re: Sequencer synch with Ableton
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 03:00:49 am »
In the sequencer section you find 3 red sliders. Right of the red sliders you find a switch. The Label is missing on this too Arturia. But on mouse over it show "Sequencer midi sync" parameter. This is the Midi sync switch. When the sync switch is on the first red slider labeled "Clock freq" change values to Midi sync.
Using those controls should sync ARP 2600 V3 to your DAWs tempo. It do so in my DAW Studio One.

corum_beasley

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 12:36:07 pm »
Thanks for the prompt reply LBH. I just rechecked my earlier findings and i had tried that button in both positions and it still will not synch with Ableton strange that it works fine with your DAW and that external synch works fine with the Modular V. I stuck here for now.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 02:01:38 pm »
It can be a DAW related issue.

Just in case.
To start, stop and reset the sequence using a external DAW require more settings than just using the MIDI sync. Not all presets is programmed for this.
The MIDI sync only sync the sequence tempo.

jeffbart

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 12:58:06 pm »
There's a manual that outlines how the *original* hardware sequencer worked, and assuming that the Arturia implementation is faithful to the original, you might find some hints in the original manual re getting it to stop/start/synch how you want.

there's a link to it in the post below.
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87826.0

--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

corum_beasley

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 09:45:26 pm »
Thanks Jeffbart for the manual link and suggestions. I still have not found a way to synch the start of the 1601 with the start of the Ableton sequencer, why didn't Arturia make this easier it is bread and butter for sure.

LBH thanks for the comments about tempo related to the midi switch which made a lot of sense. I have tried many of the different drop downs for the switches and sockets around the start button but to no avail. Shame i have a few track ideas building up around jams i have had with the 1601. All the best to you both.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines