April 19, 2024, 11:46:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keystep as a usb to midi host?  (Read 3771 times)

Kollo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Keystep as a usb to midi host?
« on: August 20, 2016, 08:57:53 pm »
Hello!

This is maybe a longshot  ??? but is there a chance that the Keystep can act as a USB to midi host for class compliant usb devices? I donīt have the proper usb connectors to test this but USB midi coming from a computer is sent to the old school midi outs of the Keystep. It would be a cool feature to be able to use modern USB controllers with vintage gear via the Keystep.

Cheers from Sweden!

dog01

Re: Keystep as a usb to midi host?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 11:33:44 am »
it should the beatstep pro does this when routed correctly in a daw

benway

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 01:55:09 pm »
Hello!

This is maybe a longshot  ??? but is there a chance that the Keystep can act as a USB to midi host for class compliant usb devices? I donīt have the proper usb connectors to test this but USB midi coming from a computer is sent to the old school midi outs of the Keystep. It would be a cool feature to be able to use modern USB controllers with vintage gear via the Keystep.

Cheers from Sweden!

Hi, were you able to verify if this works? I'm trying to dump some sysex files from the computer to an old skool midi device via kesytep but it's not working.

lake33

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 10:14:48 pm »
Sorry to bump a dead thread, but this was one of the first results when searching KeyStep and MIDI.

As far as I can tell, this isn't possible. I have a couple notebook pages filled with diagrams of possible configurations, and although I tried each of them out I just couldn't get the KeyStep's Thru to act as a liaison between the computer and the old device. I had to use an Audio Interface and two MIDI cables (One Out one In) to get my old gear to communicate with my PC and then I used a MIDI Merger so both the KeyStep and the PC can communicate use the old device at the same time.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines