March 28, 2024, 09:16:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab 61 broken middle C key just popped by itself...  (Read 3901 times)

Norke

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
KeyLab 61 broken middle C key just popped by itself...
« on: August 18, 2016, 03:29:45 am »
Hi everyone, i bought a KeyLab 61 a while ago but i just started to use it more last week, it was basicly not used at all before i started last week.
Then while i was playing gently on the higher notes the middle C key just popped by itself... Now this key is like 1 cm higher than all other keys and it feels like it will fall on the floor at any time.

I don't abuse my gear, i take care all the time i dont understand what happened, maybe someone can guide me to fix it ?

Or can i return it for repair or exachange?

I'm posting here because i have no replies from Arturia since more than 1 week...
My friend in New Jersey got a remplacement keyboard for free when he had the same issue as me... and... after looking on Google it seems many people have the same problem... is there a fix now that the issue has been reported?

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:40:07 am by Norke »

Amalgamoth

Re: KeyLab 61 broken middle C key just popped by itself...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 10:22:00 am »
If your warranty is still valid, return it to the shop and let them send it to an Arturia service point. To me it seems you have a first generation keybed. Do you see blobs of glue beneath your keys? That's an indication it's a first generation. The keys are be prone to becoming detached from their weights, because the glue isn't powerful enough.
I also had this problem with my Keylab25, and I let it be taken care of. The entire keybed was replaced by a different type that is more reliable (no visible glue beneath the keys).
If you send it for repair, have some alternative to play with meanwhile, because your Keylab won't be back within a few weeks. It may take as long as two months.

Norke

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 10:20:43 pm »
Hey thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately i bought i new about 2 year ago so i think warranty is ended...?
I don't see any glue below the keys but maybe i don't look at the right place? anyways it can take 2 months i don't care but i wish they reply to me and fix it...

konaboy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 11:00:51 pm »
same thing happened to me last week when I nudged the keyboard.  i repaired it myself and made a video about it.  you can clearly see how to fix it and also the weights on the underside of the keyboard.  the loosening of weights will probably not cause the keys to pop-up, I think it's more likely a broken plastic tab.

https://youtu.be/c6Un6fYa33U

Norke

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 11:41:50 pm »
thanks for this!
best part at 1:55 haha

Norke

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 08:26:25 pm »
Ok so i got my keybed from arturia 2 weeks ago... i'm still trying to find what the screw type is to fix the under metal plate because the screws doesnt fit the new keybed, they are too big for the new holes under the new keybed...
I have no replies from arturia since 2 weeks...

sixstringeek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 10:55:40 am »
Trying calling them out on Twitter. its @Arturia_Official unfortunately.  Its the only way I was able to get a response to my existing 2 months old trouble ticket I've posted about elsewhere, including the cool guy here who fixed his own key.

I had to also involve zzounds.com where I bought mine NEW and am still hopeful I will have a usable unit. I will find out on 10/3 when the replacement is due to arrive. They apparently have sales reps deployed begging vendors to still sell their products and fix the terrible service issues.

Hope it works, I have had better experiences with the Cable company. Arturia you have the worst customer service I'ver ever seen in 51 years of life.

its such a damn shame, they clearly love their sounds and product. The Beatstep pro and Microbrute etc have a huge following, but god help them if they break.

the best bet is just throw them out and buy new, luckily they aren't overpriced like the Teenage Engineering stuff.

danjohnny5@gmail.com

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 01:18:17 am »
same thing happened to me last week when I nudged the keyboard.  i repaired it myself and made a video about it.  you can clearly see how to fix it and also the weights on the underside of the keyboard.  the loosening of weights will probably not cause the keys to pop-up, I think it's more likely a broken plastic tab.

https://youtu.be/c6Un6fYa33U

great video. would you happen to have any suggestions for what replace the broken tabs with? a couple of my tabs appear to be gone.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines