April 26, 2024, 09:28:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Auditioning presets, is there a better way?  (Read 1435 times)

konaboy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Auditioning presets, is there a better way?
« on: August 14, 2016, 12:15:53 am »
The way to audition presets on the Keylab is to twist the knob to highlight a preset in the list, then I have to press the knob to select and load the preset.

From the manual "In Analog Lab, this button allows to select a preset in the Presets Manager. This is a
“push” encoder, press it to validate your choice."

This is a very painful method of auditioning sounds. The "select & validate" is too slow for thousands of presets, I never select a preset by it's name anyway, I just want to scroll through a list of presets and listen.  I use my ears to find the sound I want, not selecting something by name.  I don't even want to look at the PC screen.

Is there a quicker way?  When I use the PC keyboard I can use the up and down keys to select and instantly load a sound from the list with a single movement (only i think this only works with standalone app).  Can I configure the keylab to work in a similar way, ie. load a sound as soon as I select it?

THANKS
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 12:42:56 am by konaboy »

johndough247

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Auditioning presets, is there a better way?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 10:25:18 am »
I agree with this statement, also looking for a faster way to audition sounds using only the keyboard.

konaboy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Auditioning presets, is there a better way?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 08:01:07 pm »
Hmm, I guess we're stuck with using the PC keyboard then.

Strangely, my keylab was misbehaving once when I was starting out.  The filter knob would step through the sounds in the list, selecting and loading a sound each time.  But I wanted my filter knob back so I reset everything and now it is working normally but I lost that function.

SO it is totally possible to send the "select+confirm"  operations via midi to the analog lab.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines