March 29, 2024, 07:01:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Giving Up The Ghost: Lead Tracking  (Read 1290 times)

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Giving Up The Ghost: Lead Tracking
« on: August 06, 2016, 09:09:41 pm »
I'm on staycation, got the In-Laws visiting, enjoying some down time, and got the inspiration to re-lay down a lead track for this song.  The first lead was laid down with my ole faithful TFS6, but I just didn't feel like its voice was giving the track the best of what the track needed.  The TFS6 is very much a heavy rock guitar, and very good at it, but I needed a voicing that "breathed" a bit more, so I reached for my Bari-Tele, which is tuned down a whole 4th.  I transposed the range from the TFS6 in standard tuning & found the starting position on the Bari-Tele, then laid down a "test track" with it.  I think this voicing is better suited for this song, which is called "Giving up the Ghost", a tribute/honorarium to my dad, and the lyric takes place during the few minutes that I held his hand as he transitioned passing from this world to the next
https://youtu.be/tjqIx7z6JBw

By the way, studio is painted and acoustically treated, and I hear a big difference.  No more 15ms Flutter Echo, it's down to a minimal early reflection at the very most, standing at the rear-most position in the room.  It sounds fantastic at the mixing/monitoring seated position.

Most of the synth pieces you hear are from the Arturia V-Collection.  There is the Arp-2600-v, Solina-v, Modular-v, CS80-v.
The organ is prior to me acquiring the newer version of the V-Collection, so this is Pro-Tools' DB-33 organ plugin.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines