March 28, 2024, 11:14:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Still crashing my daw and crackling noises  (Read 4464 times)

rango

Still crashing my daw and crackling noises
« on: December 27, 2014, 10:03:57 pm »
I still can't use Analog Lab in my music production, v.1.2.1.18. It doesn't crash after a few minutes anymore but crashes my DAW when closing AL (delete). There are crackling noises in Matrix and Solina, too bad. I hope this can be fixed in a reasonable time by Arturia.

I use Ableton Live 9.1.6 on Mac.

Amalgamoth

Re: Still crashing my daw and crackling noises
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 08:49:00 pm »
Maybe it's not the ideal solution, but the crackling noises in Solina can be silenced by turning down the reverb, provided you own the stand alone plug-in. You can add reverb later in your DAW. I can't say if this also counts for Matrix, but I expect the same applies.
Some say that increasing the buffer limit may improve general performance, but it will also increase latency. As for the crashing problem: Save your project regulary. No idea if there will be another bug fix that will make Lab more stable. But maybe the problem may also relate to the workings of Ableton or the capacity of your device's working memory.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 09:42:17 pm »
The memory of your computer may be the culprit.
I have limited RAM on my PC, which yielded similar results, as well as the knobs/faders only intermittently responding to realtime tweaking, both as a plugin and as standalone mode.

I recently got a refurbed iMac from www.macofalltrades.com and added a chunk of RAM and now it works flawlessly.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

kouros

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 05:00:54 pm »
I have limited RAM on my PC, which yielded similar results, as well as the knobs/faders only intermittently responding to realtime tweaking, both as a plugin and as standalone mode.

I recently got a refurbed iMac from www.macofalltrades.com and added a chunk of RAM and now it works flawlessly.

could the 4GB RAM be that causes me crackling noises on every synth from the v-collection 5 ?

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 05:05:15 pm »

could the 4GB RAM be that causes me crackling noises on every synth from the v-collection 5 ?

I wouldn't be surprised if it were.  I have 32 gb now on my iMac.  Performs quite fast and very clean.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

kouros

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 10:50:41 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if it were.  I have 32 gb now on my iMac.  Performs quite fast and very clean.

the strange think is that the task manager shows just about 1.32 GB use of RAM and round about 15% CPU usage and no sudden peaks or what so ever...

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 02:54:50 am »

the strange think is that the task manager shows just about 1.32 GB use of RAM and round about 15% CPU usage and no sudden peaks or what so ever...

What are your buffer settings?
Do you have speakers that can have enough output, or full range?
My old monitors had zilch for low end, and I kept clipping all the time.

kouros

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 10:24:41 pm »

i have near field studio monitoring. The output is fine.
i have also tried the buffersizes from 256- 2048 and the samplerate 44.1 Khz - 96 Khz
none worked so far...

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 10:38:13 pm »
I'm at a loss.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines