April 23, 2024, 04:19:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can we have CV Re-Triggers  (Read 2405 times)

leverkusen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Can we have CV Re-Triggers
« on: July 28, 2016, 09:51:16 am »
I would love to have a retrigger on the gate out, meaning a new trigger when a new key is pressed while another one is still held. Is this somehow possible?

Deluxe function would be to also have a new trigger when you release the second key and still have the first one pressed.

The first would help with lousy playing skills making you loose gates when you're to late with releasing a key in time before the new one is pressed. The latter for bass technique. I see it could be difficult to get with gate signals as there will be some latency then. But how about simple triggers?

siseturist

• Soundcloud
Re: Can we have CV Re-Triggers
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 05:28:43 pm »
CV gate signals are not impulses, but constant voltages. So to make it possible to retrigger it means that it has to release the signal right before the next impulse would be sent. Which would make it possible only with a slight latency. You can do it in MIDI, and even then it depends on a synthesizer how it reacts to a new note - either it will release the previous one or glide to next note.

leverkusen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Can we have CV Re-Triggers
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 08:44:18 pm »
CV gate signals are not impulses, but constant voltages. So to make it possible to retrigger it means that it has to release the signal right before the next impulse would be sent. Which would make it possible only with a slight latency.

Yes, therefore I mentioned the latency problem and asked for the opportunity to put out a trigger instead of a gate.

MIDI would not be a solution for my CV driven modular

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines