April 20, 2024, 11:32:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi Nightmare with Ableton Live  (Read 1238 times)

kat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Midi Nightmare with Ableton Live
« on: July 27, 2016, 09:48:16 pm »
Hi, guys!
I am having a crisis right now. I have been trying for weeks to get the midi working on Ableton and I still just can't figure out how to do it. I have installed the AnalogLab, all cool, but when I press certain keys on the controller, I switch from track to track in Ableton Live and can't play my stuff. Midi "response" (sorry is that the right word? I am new to this and don't have a clue what I am doing 99%of the time) isn't 1:1, sometimes there's latency, sometimes there's no sound. Analog Lab works fine on its own but playing it in Ableton is driving me nuts.
Is anyone on here who would like to save my controller from getting thrown out of the window? I am always so close to losing my sh*t with this thing. Please comment when you have an idea how to fix this situation!

Cheers, Kat

bigbadbobbyb

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Midi Nightmare with Ableton Live
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 11:11:05 pm »
A little bit late, but I'm wondering if maybe a lot of the MIDI CC's are "double" mapped... as in whatever the CC number the fader/encoder etc. is set as (either by default or having been edited in the Arturia MIDI Control Center), is mapped to a function in Analog Lab and a separate function in Ableton.  This would mean when you change the value of that control, it's changing multiple things.  To start, I would try removing the mappings in Ableton and making sure that everything is mapped to separate controls (you might have to modify some stuff in the MIDI control center software to make sure CC's aren't conflicting).
If your problem is more complicated than that, sorry, I just know I had issues like that at times as a beginner.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines