March 29, 2024, 09:06:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Second thoughts.......  (Read 1243 times)

mpdive12

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Second thoughts.......
« on: July 16, 2016, 06:15:27 pm »
Well I am 1.5 weeks into the purchase of a KL88.  I will start by admitting I am a technically challenged person when it comes to software.  I jump the rail easily should a display box pop up and ask what app to open an .led file.  I tend to do most of my brainwork on being a musician.  I stride to be my best and take music personally.  So far my KL has "shouted" out it's own key at max volume when it decides to play itself multiple times.(God don't like bad notes)  I see there was a firmware update (which I really don't understand firmware) but can't open up the file.  Also noticed the faders are not gradual from the low end.  Unit was in warehouse thru GC with a manufacture dat of 2014.  Don't know how much difference that might make.  OK. Step two.  Call company.  Uh oh!  No customer support by phone.  After an internet scour I discover a thread by an Arturia rep defending the email support only.  He made some valid points but I feel it never justifies a one on one with someone.  I guess my predicament may be a looking glass into this problem. I emailed yesterday and have not received a reply as of yet.  I play tomorrow and was hoping to use it for the first time but I can't have rogue notes in the middle of service.  I can't help but think that a landline to someone may have yielded a result already.  Reminds me of trying to get printer support one day out of warranty by HP.  I am leaning towards repacking and hauling it back to GC to return.  I really don't know if I trust another controller like the MPK from Akai.  I heard they have their own set of problems.  Just kind of have a bad taste in my mouth in a week and a half and have to wonder what future support might yield in the "pleasantry" column.  I don't mind dropping the money but I feel a bit uncomfortable when customer service is not available or weighted the same.  Just my thoughts......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines