March 29, 2024, 10:43:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Key transpose  (Read 6267 times)

funkjam24

Key transpose
« on: July 14, 2016, 03:28:09 am »
Hi, just got the Keystep and I find it to be an awesome product... but, I can't believe it doesn't have a key transpose function.
Maybe I am missing something but there is no clear way to do it.

I am no talking about the sequence but just to play the midi controller function in any key.

If somebody knows how to do this please help .
thanks

doxakypie

Re: Key transpose
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 03:05:12 am »
Hello, I was wondering if you ever received an answer or solution?  I too am disappointed that there is no key transpose function to transpose the keyboard up or down in pitch.  Searched high and low but have not found a way to do so even using the MIDI Control Ctr software.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 04:01:21 am »
Hello, I was wondering if you ever received an answer or solution?  I too am disappointed that there is no key transpose function to transpose the keyboard up or down in pitch.  Searched high and low but have not found a way to do so even using the MIDI Control Ctr software.

The octave buttons below the hold and shift buttons perform this function, labelled as buttons 7 & 8  on page 12 of the manual.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

funkaholik

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 08:00:07 pm »
The transpose function on the keyboard is for octaves only. I think the OP was asking about transposing the keyboard in semitones.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 06:42:30 am »
Ah right.  Never had that feature on a controller before myself, just have had to learn different scales when doing keysig transposing.
You can transpose your sequence in semitones while it's running by using the transpose mode.  I also came across an interesting thing while in arpeggio, I can feed it a chord externally then transpose that chord on the keyboard.  It's sorta hard to explain what happens, but I did it by sending it two notes from my BSP (the two note seqs set to the same MIDI channel as the Keystep transpose channel) and had Transpose on and Hold on.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines