March 28, 2024, 10:23:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab88 - Pad 13 Not Working, other serious issues.  (Read 1306 times)

movpe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Keylab88 - Pad 13 Not Working, other serious issues.
« on: June 19, 2016, 05:33:34 am »
Hello, I have this Keylab88 since april 2015, bought it on Blupoint here in Chile.

A few months ago some keys were not working, some random max. velocity notes replaced my playing and the keybed got extremely noisy... It worked just like some trash keyboard.

A month and half ago I openned it and nothing, it looks fine, except from the data bus being extremely short so the keys strike them when they get back to off note... At least now I know what was that noise on the keybed... but that was obviously going to damage the data bus so I think some of the existing problems might come from that...

Well I closed the keyboard and boom, magic self reparation happened, except from the fact that I couldn't return the data bus to its original sticky thing at the top of the keyboard so it now is hit even more by the keys... But it worked well for a few weeks, until two weeks ago, at least, more random high velocity notes returned, Pad 13 is not working at all, pitch bend doesn't always return precisely to its 64... A lot of serious malfunctionting from a keyboard that hasn't been used so much.

May I just open it again and hope for it to work well? No, I bought a proper power supply and AT LEAST the screen seems to work better than before, but still no Pad 13, if I open it and it works well after closing it... will I have to take out the 30 screws, or something like that, Then move everything so it releases some static charges and begin using it again? (A friend told me that that could be the problem if it magically repairs after opening it) No, that's not how it is supposed to work, right?

That's some just bad design examples for first year electronic engineering students ... I cant believe a $800 item can be so malfunctioning... Ah! And the painting is all screwed up just in a few months of use, you could at least upload the designs so we can reprint it decently.

Some other serious issues are the fact that there has been no support from arturia since it release to increase it's connectivity with decent software, ie., make it a little more competitive against controllers with native connectivity and mapping like Nektar. Or give some use to the Category and Preset knobs other than the software the keyboard comes with, wich I'm sure that less than 1% of the customers use. Will I have to remap this thing differently for every software I use? That's just disgusting.

Arturia, it's no so hard to make this a good keyboard, it's mainly firmware support, good development team. Investing a little on the user experience... Just don't be a trash brand, this keyboard has a lot to be the best choice... I feel like I was handed a pre alpha item.

I just hope I'm not talking for 100% of Keylab88 customers.
Thanks in advance.
José Miguel Martínez.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 05:41:13 am by movpe »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines