April 20, 2024, 10:09:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BeatStep controller mode > Pads' light  (Read 2502 times)

rubeck

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
BeatStep controller mode > Pads' light
« on: June 13, 2016, 05:29:30 pm »
Hello,

I am using BeatStep in controller mode and pads as toggle ON/OFF buttons. The problem is Pads don't stay lit when they are active. In SEQ mode they do. Does anybody know how can I get them to be lit when active?

Also, knobs are set to FAST to control an Ableton effect and it gets three 360 turns to get to the highest value. That's weird I think.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

tuz100

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: BeatStep controller mode > Pads' light
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 01:01:19 am »
Hello,

I am using BeatStep in controller mode and pads as toggle ON/OFF buttons. The problem is Pads don't stay lit when they are active. In SEQ mode they do. Does anybody know how can I get them to be lit when active?

Also, knobs are set to FAST to control an Ableton effect and it gets three 360 turns to get to the highest value. That's weird I think.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

you have to set the pads mode in the midi control program to something else.. i can't remember what it's called now but one of the options will do what you want

at least it does for me when i'm using it to control my volca sample... i have it set up to act as mutes for the volume of the different parts

rubeck

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: BeatStep controller mode > Pads' light
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 11:07:36 am »
Great tuz100!

I selected the toggle / local control on-off and then, to avoid the same PAD changes applied on every instance, I assigned 1 to 16 MIDI channels to each PAD. It's working perfectly. Thank you.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines