April 19, 2024, 07:40:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Microbrute - how to sync it with tempo in GarageBand?  (Read 2522 times)

paul

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Microbrute - how to sync it with tempo in GarageBand?
« on: July 09, 2016, 08:57:16 am »
Hi, I bought the microbrute specifically to program the arpeggiator and then record directly into GarageBand . What I hadn't bargained on was not understanding how or why the brute won't sync to GB's tempo. For instance if I wanted to use a brute bass line in time wit an apple loop or another drum loop.  it's useless to me other than to make noises with at the mo. Tap tempo is not precise and any amount off googling is not answering this simple question. Connecting the Midi USB surely is what it's designed for - to sync it? Any ideas out there GB users?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 08:59:13 am by paul »

FM_HeatSink

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Microbrute - how to sync it with tempo in GarageBand?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 01:18:05 am »
Frustrated with this myself. I use Studio One 3, and I can use the MicroBrute as a MIDI control to play VST plugins all day long but for some reason I can not send midi to the MicroBrute from Studio One 3.

I have however, been able to do so from within Native Instruments Machine MKII, so I know that the capability for my PC to send midi to the MicroBrute is there (both the MB and NI M are connected via USB to my pc, theres no direct midi cable to each other). Caveat is when I load Machine as a VST plugin into Studio One 3, then the midi section of Preferences/Options disappears.

Frustrating.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines