March 29, 2024, 12:52:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Heavy Clipping with many brass sounds!  (Read 5323 times)

zappa

Heavy Clipping with many brass sounds!
« on: February 20, 2011, 03:46:55 pm »
There is a lot of Clipping going on with the prophet sounds of the analog player! Some sounds are also by default by far too loud. The Jumpin Sound (from Modular V)  is for example absolutely flawless, but many other Prophet and Mg Brass Sounds have a lot of Clipping going on! The Clipping occurs independently of stand alone or vst mode and also has nothing to do with the soundcard!
Can anybody confirm this problem? Does anybody know what to do? I have a Macbook and Logic Audio. My other plug ins are running without problems. I never had these clipping problems before with other virtual instruments.

JeremyRobertsHQ

• Apprentice
Re: Heavy Clipping with many brass sounds!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 12:17:55 am »
wow I went through the hassle of subscribing to this forum to ask this question... This was in 2011 and no answer was given? My goodness...

Many presets in the V Collection 4 are too loud and distort/clip. It is very annoying to have to adjust the volume all the time while navigating through presets.

I'm gonna investigate this problem further as there has to be a solution somewhere. It can't be poor design, can it? That would be the most ludicrous poor design I've ever seen so I guess it's not.

LBH

Re: Heavy Clipping with many brass sounds!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 04:48:10 pm »
The preset level settings in the new V Collection 5 is better, but not perfect.

Preset level settings in V Collection 3 and 4 is'nt good. Far to high levels.
In a DAW you can do a little  to protect you ears by adjusting the channel level and inserting a limiter, but it's not ideel. However that's what you can do. Off coarse you can adjust the levels your self and save the adjusted settings, and use all the work arounds you can think off. Some of us are not pleased about that, but the fact is unfortunately, the preset levels are very bad before VC5.

I do hope Arturia keep an eye on it in VC5 so the levels don't rise.  IMHO a level at -12 db is fine, and no matter what, When played at a presets max levels when using the presets velocity and aftertouch settings at its max, it shall never be able to go above -1 db.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines