April 16, 2024, 12:16:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Some patches sound different depending on the previous patch selected  (Read 5703 times)

jeffbart

I am finding that some patches seem to change from the state when I saved them, meaning they sound different when i recall them.. They appear to differ if the prior patch selected was very similar to it. It's hard to explain. If a previous sound is quite different, the patch sounds like how I saved it.

In the example user bank attached, going from 'Bad Girl Bass' to 'Hohner 2 Osc', 'Hohner 2 Osc' patch sounds correct.
Selecting 'Hohner 2 Osc 2' (identical except name) immediately after, the patch sounds different (waveform sound low, or out of phase).
Selecting  any other patch, and then 'Hohner 2 Osc', or 'Hohner 2 Osc 2', and those patches sound correct.
Selecting one of the 'Hohner' patches right after and the patch sounds different.

The same thing happens with 'Snotty Bass'. If it is selected after 'Simple Bass' it sounds different (loses one of the waves sort of). If it's selected after any other patch in the bank, it sounds fine.

Am attaching my user bank to illustrate the problem. If  you simply flip through the first 4 patches in order, it should be evident.
It's happening in stand alone mode, and as a plugin in Cubase.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 01:55:15 pm by Germain.arturia »
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

LBH

Yes. Something fishy seems to be going on with the wavewidths.

If you select the preset "Hohner 2 Osc" - then look at the wave widths. They are 48 for the Square, 29 for the Wide pulse, and 50 for the Triangle.

If you then right after select the preset "Hohner 2 Osc 2" then  the wave widths are 50 for all the waveforms.

Then if you right after select the preset "Hohner 2 Osc" again, then the wavewidths also is 50 for all the presets. They have suddenly been changed.

Only when selecting a preset between those two you'll get the correct wavewidths for "Hohner 2 Osc".

There seems to be a bug. Looks like Mini V3 has a hard time read/ set/ store the correct wave widths. I have check some other factory preset using square and when switching back and forth the same thing happens.
Only after having selct a preset using other waveforms the coreect setting is back it looks like.

That's absolutely not good. Need to be fixed very quickly.

EDIT: Just tried to check on my main computer not importing any bank. And the issue  like described above is the same with the factory preset's. So it can't be a "User" fault.

BTW: I can remember i have had a MINI V where i could set the width of the saw wave. I would like that back. also so it's possible to reverse the wave for having the choice of both ramp up and down saw.
The width parameter do show for a saw in MINI V3, but it can't be edited. Let us be able to edit all waves fully.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 03:43:58 pm by LBH »

CC4

• Beta-testers
Yes;  I tried out your patches and can confirm the bug.  LBH describes the problem well.  The widths aren't being recalled correctly if you've come from an another patch that uses the same waveforms.

jmcecil

hey, thanks for digging into that.  I noticed, but was too busy messing with the synclavier to try and figure out if it was just audio fatigue syndrome.
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:12gb -  OS:Win8x64 - Interface:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 -  MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru -
Host: Cubase 6.5/7 x64 | Reaper 4.5 x64 |Wavelab 8 x64 - Arturia Stuff: V Collection | Spark | Keylab 61

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
HI everyone, hope you're all fine.
thanks for reporting with such precision.
it's almost the same if you play around the "303 sequence" patch. A fix is on the way, it should solve this issue.

Best,

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Hello everyone, good news !

on our download page , we've just released MINI V3 version 3.0.1.51, which will solve this issue !
https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

great if you can post here if it solved your problem.

Best,

LBH

Hi Germain,

I'm sorry to say, but this issue has not been fixed yet.

Best

jeffbart

Hi
Same here.
3.0.1.51 has not fixed the waveform width issue. It is behaving same as first reported.

Cheers Jeff
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
Arturia things

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
@LBH and Jeffbart,

ok we'll investigate further. Sorry about that.
Best,

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
A Work in Progress.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

LBH

Re: Some patches sound different depending on the previous patch selected
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 04:26:57 pm »
That's okay Germain.
Can't see this issue should have been fixed in the release notes either. So i suppose it has been planed for the next update. Hope so, and it will be soon. :)

jeffbart

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2016, 10:17:47 am »
Hi
3.0.2.99 still exhibits the waveform width values not loading/saving correctly, same as before.

I think the release notes indicate this had been fixed.
I still get patches where waveform select current values say 'square, width 0.00' 'narrow rectangular, width 0.50' etc.

Cheers Jeff

--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
Arturia things

LBH

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2016, 05:39:19 pm »
Hi
3.0.2.99 still exhibits the waveform width values not loading/saving correctly, same as before.

I think the release notes indicate this had been fixed.
I still get patches where waveform select current values say 'square, width 0.00' 'narrow rectangular, width 0.50' etc.

Cheers Jeff

I agree. It's not fixed like the release notes claim.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 10:02:03 am »
Hi everyone, sorry again for the delay and the inconvenience.
yes something's still going wrong, we are already doing more investigations on this one ( and the other issues too)

thanks for your patience

best

LBH

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2016, 10:12:39 pm »
Hi Germain,

Hope that means soon everything will be working and be reliable to use.

Please also take a look at some of my old VC4 posts/ threads here:
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=86449.0 (About widths please also take notice of the next.)

http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87047.0
Please take a look at the oscilloscope images in this link that i've posted in the above post:
http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?t=8124 - scroll down the page in this link to find different oscilloscope images.
It do seem like all the waveforms in the origianal minimoog is actually turned around.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines