April 20, 2024, 01:11:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: This thing is flipping awesome!  (Read 4336 times)

Tausendberg

This thing is flipping awesome!
« on: May 28, 2016, 06:06:04 am »
That's all I have to say right now, I'm just amazed by Synclavier V and the history of the original Synclavier.

Cheers for making this beast. I heard that the original Synclavier cost 150,000 dollars and now we're so privileged that we get to have what reviews are saying is a great reproduction for a few hundred.

LBH

Re: This thing is flipping awesome!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 06:12:18 pm »
Told you   ;D

Synclavier give new sounds to VC.

Tausendberg

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 10:57:08 pm »
For sure, it definitely seems like a very different way of making sound than something like the Modular V.

Kevin R

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 01:47:59 am »
All by itself it's worth the price of the whole new V Collection. Version 5 is making me fall in love with these Arturia soft synths all over again.

MatthewJohn

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 10:52:24 pm »
The Synclavier V really sounds good (didn't see the whole V Collection -- would have done that).   I use mostly analog synths, and this complements them very well.  It's really beautiful - I haven't been so excited about a software synth before.

George Ware

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 10:38:12 pm »
I love this synth!

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 10:50:57 pm »
I'm barely scratching the surface, but I love what I've found so far.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Karamba

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 09:05:16 pm »
yep, I'm in luuuvv too!
I feel bad, I was faithful to the Arp 2600 and Modular but now this new beauty shows up and I'm going to have to cheat on them old girlfriends :)

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 09:34:46 pm »
I'm not ready to ditch the Arp 2600 or the Mini yet, but I'm digging the Synclavier so far!

They're all unique tools in the V-Collection tool box.

They each have their application for specific songs/parts.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Era

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 04:28:15 pm »
That's all I have to say right now, I'm just amazed by Synclavier V and the history of the original Synclavier.

Cheers for making this beast. I heard that the original Synclavier cost 150,000 dollars and now we're so privileged that we get to have what reviews are saying is a great reproduction for a few hundred.

TOTALLY AGREE!! Frekkin' awesome :)

JanPB

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 01:39:44 am »
The Synclavier V really sounds good (didn't see the whole V Collection -- would have done that).   I use mostly analog synths, and this complements them very well.  It's really beautiful - I haven't been so excited about a software synth before.

Just to credit where the credit is due: the Arturia Synclavier is NOT a "soft synth", i.e. it's not a "software model" of something existing "physically" before. The Arturia Synclavier IS the Synclavier - the original instrument. The Arturia version is a faithful digital clone of the equally digital original, down to preserving certain imperfections to maintain the integrity of the original presets.

For example, you may have noticed that the amplitude envelopes do not always reflect the sound perfectly along the time axis. This happens if you click and drag an envelope peak - it will likely go very slightly out of sync with respect to the other envelopes, even if your drag motion was straight up. From what I hear this was present in the original (it's not a bug) due to hardware constraints at the time.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines