March 29, 2024, 02:13:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Where are the global detune/ drift panel?  (Read 2935 times)

LBH

Where are the global detune/ drift panel?
« on: May 25, 2016, 05:34:06 pm »
Where are the global detune/ drift  panel?
You can find it in the old CS80 clicking on the Arturia logo, but it's not in the new version.
It was possible to set the amount of global random detune/ drift to the individual voices.
Why is that detune panel gone?
I believe the detune in the multi is'nt a random detune but a fixed one. Right?

LBH

Re: Where are the global detune/ drift panel?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 08:50:03 pm »
And where can i tune the overall instrument when needed?
The global tuning and the limit set random detuning panel is needed.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 08:53:28 pm by LBH »

jeffbart

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 11:25:35 am »
The global tune has been moved to the front panel. If I am to trust my ears ( and the A440 tone in Mini V) then the Global Tune 1.0000 is a little flat, and actual 'in tune' is around 1.0007.
I would hope all the next build of Arturia synths are calibrated to that 1.0000 = A440.

--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

LBH

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 06:27:04 pm »
Hi jeffbart,

Yes i found the global tune on the front panel. Thanks.

About the tuning is flat. If both the main tune and the tuning in the multi mode is set to the value 1.0000 then it's almost tuned to A=440 Hz.
However when you doubble click a detune in the Multi panel then it default to 0.9993 and it seems to be set to this value by default. This should be changed so the default is 1.0000. (This is also your topic here: http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87749.0)
The problem in this is, that when the Multi panel is turned off, then the main tune have to be at 1.0007 as you say to be tuned A=440 Hz.
But if you do have the main tune at 1.0007, and have multipanel on and the detune set to 1.0000 as it shoud be by default, then it's tuned to high.

The tuning is wrong even if we are talking about small amounts. Those small amouts should be reserved for the relative random detune panel that's missing and the TAEŽ  "True Analog Emulation" technology.
So Arturia please fix the tuning so things is in tune when:
1. The multi panel is off and the main tune is set to 1.0000.
2. The multi panel is on with the detune knobs set to 1.0000 and the main tune also is set to 1.0000
And then correct the default value for the multi panels detune knobs to 1.0000 also when using doubble click/ reset.
I assume the presets have to be corrected as well for this.

But also the random detune panel should be added. It's a step back it's not there. I's not a update/ upgrade but a downdate/ downgrade. The tuning possibilities there is know is not the same, like i describe in the first post of this thread..

Also i would like to ask why it's possible to turn of the Multipanel. The on/ off in the panel have no effect on the playmodes anyway. So one need to know whats affected by the on/ off button. Also regarding this the manuals is not good enough. It's okay there is a on/ off but it shall be clear what's effected by this, and the tuning issue have to be fixed to default to 1.0000 anyway.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 07:36:17 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines