March 29, 2024, 08:58:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Which is a "Beat it" sounds?  (Read 12180 times)

MickJP

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Which is a "Beat it" sounds?
« on: May 25, 2016, 08:21:09 am »
Do you know a preset name of "Beat it"?

Baptiste Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
Re: Which is a "Beat it" sounds?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 10:06:07 am »
The preset used for MJ's Beat It intro is called "Phased Gong".
You will find it under the "Original" preset bank.
Enjoy  :)

MickJP

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 01:48:59 pm »
Oh! Exactry this sound! Thank you! ;)

jerson

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 03:41:52 am »
excellent

Freline

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 11:52:39 pm »
 The sound as it actually appeared in "Beat It" appears to have been composed of two separate sounds: the original preset as heard in the emulation, plus a deeper, throatier sound that was highlighted in Kontakt's Cult Sampler (which I've included here).  Was this also an original Synclavier preset?

jackn2mpu

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 07:32:38 pm »
The sound as it actually appeared in "Beat It" appears to have been composed of two separate sounds: the original preset as heard in the emulation, plus a deeper, throatier sound that was highlighted in Kontakt's Cult Sampler (which I've included here).  Was this also an original Synclavier preset?
The Phased Gong is close but not an exact match for the MJ record sound. There's some low end fullness missing.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

passat88

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • the 88 is the year where the car was built
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 02:37:35 pm »
Now it must be in the Kontakt Player Library. Do you know the Soundname and maybe also the path or the instrument?

Freline

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 12:52:07 am »
The Phased Gong is close but not an exact match for the MJ record sound. There's some low end fullness missing.

The preset portion of the sound on "Beat It" (as it appears on the V) seems to have been heavily processed and EQ'd to bring out the low end.  The other portion that I pointed out (from the Cult Sampler) seems to have even more low end.  That's the part I'm trying to find more information about.

Passat88, no, I don't have the sound name or path.  I saved it a few years ago from a demo page.

VCO8

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 05:51:00 am »
The actual 'Beat It Gong' was a factory preset. Its featured in a 1981 audio demo.

Its at 6:40 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzgvJlsEyvQ

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines