April 20, 2024, 05:32:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Some Issue reporting  (Read 2639 times)

LBH

Some Issue reporting
« on: May 23, 2016, 11:16:20 pm »
OSC tuning don't reset to 0 when doubble click. Don't react to doubble click.

Mixer Volumens and Main Volumen don't reset to 0 when double click - but do react.

Issues with Aftertouch like described in thee VC5 forum.

Softclip and internal Feedback still seems to growl more than exspected even before it light red as it originally is supposed to do.

Presets still needs to be checked.

EDIT: Also - are you sure the filter is set to let all the low end thru?  This question also apply to other VC5 synths. Please check.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 11:29:14 pm by LBH »

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Some Issue reporting
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 11:35:23 am »
Hi LBH, hope you're fine.

about your issues :

-OSC tuning : do you talk about reseting the "fine tune value?"  if move osc 2 and 3 coarse knobs ( tuning by semitones) , double click on it reset it to 0. fine tuning (which you can change by right-click and drag) is not reset. i'll report this issue.

-mixer and main volumes : didn't manage to reproduce this one. if you double click on it , mixer go back to it's initial state ( 5) , just as volume does.

-saw the thread about aftertouch, we are currently investigating on it.

i'll investigate further for the softclip, feedback, filter, presets.

i'll keep you aware anyway.

Best,

LBH

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 09:09:51 pm »
Hi Germain. Yes i'm fine. I like things to work and that things are done in proper ways.

Hope you are fine.

-OSC tuning : do you talk about reseting the "fine tune value?"  if move osc 2 and 3 coarse knobs ( tuning by semitones) , double click on it reset it to 0. fine tuning (which you can change by right-click and drag) is not reset. i'll report this issue.

Yes this is it.

-mixer and main volumes : didn't manage to reproduce this one. if you double click on it , mixer go back to it's initial state ( 5) , just as volume does.

Yes this is true. It go to 5. But 5 is'nt  0 db. 6 is  0 db. The old one turned to 6 as it should.

-saw the thread about aftertouch, we are currently investigating on it.

Great. Aftertouch is important.

i'll investigate further for the softclip, feedback, filter, presets

Great.

Maybe the internal feedback is working better than i thought. But as it is It works best on sounds with much open filter.
The feature was also used to soften sounds, and you had options what to feedback after the connections you choose to use.

I have'nt been going thru all presets. An example is the MINI V3 preset "Bright". Can't recall the volume settings for this preset. But it is using internal Feedback - but the softclip is not turn on as it should be, so it growl. The same nasty growl i talk about the Feedback can produce even when softclip is turned on.
Softclip has to be turned on when using internal Feedback - right?

I have found the Emphasis is working very different. I guess that's a choice.
Also i find that the new sound may give a better defined tone also in the low end. That's good. And in a production it might can turn out to be good. Perhaps this is a choice. But if not, then it can't hurt to check out.
I like Classic Vintage synths to be able to produce the characteristic sounds that are uniqe for them. Minimoog could also produce certain famous soft sounds. But it also had punch.

i'll keep you aware anyway.

Great. Thanks.

BTW: In my DAW Studio One 3 professionel i need fx versions to route audio thru. So i need FX versions to be able to run audio thru any of your synths. Other DAW's do it the same way. Please provide FX versions.

EDIT: Also as i have suggested a long time ago in Anaog Lab forum, then a level meter in all applications would be nice. Both as a main output and as a tool to set preset level.

Best.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 10:20:48 pm by LBH »

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 11:18:58 am »
Hi LBH, quite busy but i'm fine, thanks.

- ok we agree about no reset for fine tuning. I reported this one to my dev colleagues, it will be fixed.

- so we quite agree about mixer and volume knobs. Right, 6 is 0db. i compared with the mini V2, we had "no reset by double clicking" function. Nevertheless, in V2, 6 is also 0db. i'll report this to my colleagues too.

- Totally agree. it will be fixed soon.

- thanks for the precisions, and personal thoughts too. i'll report it to my dev colleagues.

best,

LBH

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 02:52:57 pm »
Thanks Germnain.

Great.

Looking forward.

Best.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 07:35:04 pm »
Some more reporting and wishing.

To me it's important to get the internal feedback to do better. I really hope that will be improved.
Also the wavewidth settings - including to be able to make both up and down Saw is important to me.  Hope this will be incuded in the upcomming fix of the wavewidth.

Beside that i wonder why there are Release if the Time Decay is high even if the "Decay" switch is not switched on.
Also sound is hold when the Decay knob is fully up but only in the VCA Decay if the Decay switch is turned off.
I have allways found this a to be a fault. Reading the manual it is faults. There should be no such behavior when the Decay switch is off.

EDIT:
Also please remember to fix the aftertouch issues in this and other applications as i have described elsewher and as i understand you are researching. It's very important.  Need to be fixed right away. EDIT end.

Changing things like this and make it work will to me be a big step to make Mini V the absolute best Minimoog emulation on the market.

Could be nice if everything is fixed and imroved in the next update.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 01:26:45 am by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines