April 16, 2024, 03:35:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V Collection 4 upgrade?  (Read 3198 times)

Doc911

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
V Collection 4 upgrade?
« on: May 22, 2016, 07:01:09 am »
Apart from the $199 fee to upgrade from V Collection V4 to V5, there is also a $99 fee to upgrade the instruments only in V Collection 4, i.e. ARP2600V from v2 to v3 etc. What do you get for this upgrade? Any difference in sound?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 07:37:49 am by Doc911 »

CC4

• Beta-testers
Re: V Collection 4 upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 07:50:34 pm »
See here

"...Resizable GUIs, advanced preset browser, new presets, better sound engines and a totally new version of Analog Lab."

Funtmaster

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 05:06:32 pm »
I have raised this with Arturia. I don't think we should have to pay for an upgrade to V Collection 4 - especially in light of there being no new instruments. They should recoup their development costs from sales of V Collection 5. I also believe that refinements such as a resizable GUI is a long overdue omission from the product given that there have been high resolution monitors for some considerable time now.

My argument fell on deaf ears which I find disappointing.

Doc911

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 06:05:06 am »
I have raised this with Arturia. I don't think we should have to pay for an upgrade to V Collection 4 - especially in light of there being no new instruments. They should recoup their development costs from sales of V Collection 5.

Yeah, I feel the same. I have paid a lot of money over the years to Arturia, initially buying all the instruments individually, and then upgrading through several V-Collections. So to now having to pay $99 for the update alone, and then another $99 to upgrade to V-Collection 5, that is simply too much. Especially since you can buy the full V-Collection 5 for $399. A $99 upgrade fee that would cover both the update and the upgrade to V Collection 5 would seem more fair to old users.

matjones

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 11:26:11 am »
This pretty much echoes my own feelings too....

Initially when i saw 'synclavier' i thought 'oh wow!' but reading on further i became quite disappointed.... I think the other new instruments are completely pointless.... the kind of person that would buy VC5 is highly likely to have a Rhodes, decent acoustic pianos and organs already.... Arturia is about Classic, Vintage SYNTHS to the majority of us. the $99 fee to swap, as it's not really an upgrade if we're honest about it, to the new framework is outrageous!!!!!! Particularly as it currently has more bugs than 'Naked Lunch'..... you can't even load your old presets and there are graphical issues......
I'm steering WELL CLEAR of this one.........

Rooby

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 12:35:04 am »
I have to concur with all of the above; I had a lot of frustration with some  V Collection 4 a.u.s not being able to load on my Mac, because Arturia had not updated their Apple protocols. I mean, talking about paying for something that doesn't work.

Then, I just dreaded the thought of paying for the upgrades which again might not even work.

So, in the end, I didn't even avail of the free Analogue Lab offer.

How's that for a vote of confidence, Arturia?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines