March 29, 2024, 01:47:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Import . minibank into V3?  (Read 12309 times)

thefra

Import . minibank into V3?
« on: May 20, 2016, 10:22:40 pm »
Is ist possible to import the .minibank from mini V2 into the Mini V3.   The V3  seems to use a .minix suffix. THX

George Ware

Re: Import . minibank into V3?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 02:44:33 am »
I was going to ask the same thing?

dickiedrummer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 12:22:16 pm »
I tried to import a minibank , changing the suffix to minix, but no joy. I guess at the moment there are no banks aprt from the included factory bank we can download,.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 12:25:21 pm by dickiedrummer »

George Ware

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 05:59:32 pm »
I tried to import a minibank , changing the suffix to minix, but no joy. I guess at the moment there are no banks aprt from the included factory bank we can download,.

LOL Yea I tried that too! ;D

Wookiee

• The 4077
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 07:41:40 pm »
Seems that all those years we have spent developing our own sounds have just been washed away in the breeze

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This post may or may not contain errors of an indeterminate nature.
Arturia Synths: Modular V. ARP 2600V, CS 80V, Prophet V. Mini V, Jupiter 8V, Spark VDM, Analogue Lab, Analogue Laboratory
Tunes https://soundcloud.com/wookiee-4077

dickiedrummer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 01:16:31 pm »
Seems to me there are resources not in place on the site. I'm finding a few '404-page not found' links etc. The instrument sounds great, but the support seems a little threadbare. Strange that all the old midibanks no longer work, you'd have thought they would have been updated for the V3 instrument. Maybe it's early days and things were not properly prepared.

From reading a KVR thread mentioned on the ARP2600 pages, they say that a preset converter is in the offing 'in a few months'. Seems Arturia have shot themselves in the foot annoying users over this issue.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 06:18:11 pm by dickiedrummer »

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 02:50:33 am »
This preset incompatibility issue is freakin ridiculous. Who at Arturia thought we users WOULDN'T want to use all of our hours and hours of work making presets in the updated instruments?
That person should be fired.
Preset compatibility should have been a FOREMOST concern in these updates. Essential. Non-negotiable.
If they can make a converter, then the updated instruments damn well SHOULD have had this functionality from the get go.

I, and many others, will be holding off on this update until seeing how things boil down.
Very not cool Arturia.
Also, for the love of monkeys!! Put back the freakin Sound Map feature. Removing that was also a real bone-headed move. The person(s) who came to that decision should also be fired. Utterly ridiculous. >:(
This space left intentionally blank.

Seb

• Tech-Support
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 04:13:37 pm »
Hi,

As was stated elsewhere, the preset import function is not available yet. The feature works, we used it to convert all the factory presets.

This will be available in a future update.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 02:31:25 pm »
This preset incompatibility issue is freakin ridiculous. Who at Arturia thought we users WOULDN'T want to use all of our hours and hours of work making presets in the updated instruments?
That person should be fired.
Preset compatibility should have been a FOREMOST concern in these updates. Essential. Non-negotiable.
If they can make a converter, then the updated instruments damn well SHOULD have had this functionality from the get go.

I, and many others, will be holding off on this update until seeing how things boil down.
Very not cool Arturia.
Also, for the love of monkeys!! Put back the freakin Sound Map feature. Removing that was also a real bone-headed move. The person(s) who came to that decision should also be fired. Utterly ridiculous. >:(
Count me in on all the above, particularly holding off on getting the 'upgrade' until the issues that have been posted here get fixed.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

jackn2mpu

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 02:35:03 pm »
Hi,

As was stated elsewhere, the preset import function is not available yet. The feature works, we used it to convert all the factory presets.

It it exists and works then why wasn't it included in the original release? Methinks Arturia should have let this souffle bake a little more and not let it collapse like it has. I'd say 90% of my synth work is done with Arturia stuff; the rest goes to Synthmaster, Massive and Absynth. Thankfully at least the older versions still work correctly.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 02:40:37 pm »
Hi,

It it exists and works then why wasn't it included in the original release? Methinks Arturia should have let this souffle bake a little more and not let it collapse like it has. I'd say 90% of my synth work is done with Arturia stuff; the rest goes to Synthmaster, Massive and Absynth. Thankfully at least the older versions still work correctly.
Maybe they decided to spend their time on making the new synths work first and after that, finish off what's left to finish, like providing a more user-friendly front-end to their internal converter utility.

The simple fact that such thing exists, gives me some hope it'll see the light of day soon. While waiting, I'll enjoy the new versions and start doing my new patches there.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 03:01:56 pm »
Hi,

Maybe they decided to spend their time on making the new synths work first and after that, finish off what's left to finish, like providing a more user-friendly front-end to their internal converter utility.

The simple fact that such thing exists, gives me some hope it'll see the light of day soon. While waiting, I'll enjoy the new versions and start doing my new patches there.
All well and fair BUT as evidenced on these forums that while the synths work a lot of them don't work correctly. Hard to get a job done when you don't know where the next formerly working feature doesn't work right.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 03:07:03 pm »
All well and fair BUT as evidenced on these forums that while the synths work a lot of them don't work correctly. Hard to get a job done when you don't know where the next formerly working feature doesn't work right.
hmmm... well, they are working fine on my systems+DAWs :)

jackn2mpu

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 10:04:33 pm »
I guess you don't care then that some of the synths have features that aren't working as they should. But then again you're a beta tester and beholden to Arturia. Step out of your ivory tower and actually READ what posters are saying here.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2016, 10:54:17 pm »
I guess you don't care then that some of the synths have features that aren't working as they should. But then again you're a beta tester and beholden to Arturia. Step out of your ivory tower and actually READ what posters are saying here.
if I didn't care, I wouldn't be here collecting info about the issues being reported and checking them on my setups and provide either help if possible or validating/confirming them  because that's all I can do.

What I've seen so far was Arturia staff being as informative and helpful as they can, either explaining misconceptions and proper to use the existing features  (like the sustain pedal on Prophet), recognizing missing features that are planned for a free update (like B3's bass pedal) or acknowledging issues with solutions (like the gfx driver updates) or taking note of true bugs being reported by helpful users (like the Channel Aftertouch issue on Chords after the 1st NoteOFF).

Regarding this thread, it was already said that VC5 presets aren't compatible with previous versions (by design) and a conversion utility is being worked on. ...what else do you want ? :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 11:02:11 pm by Koshdukai »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines