March 28, 2024, 09:34:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Custom patches from previous version CAN NOT be imported to new versions  (Read 7911 times)

Wookiee

• The 4077
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 03:16:21 pm by Wookiee »
This post may or may not contain errors of an indeterminate nature.
Arturia Synths: Modular V. ARP 2600V, CS 80V, Prophet V. Mini V, Jupiter 8V, Spark VDM, Analogue Lab, Analogue Laboratory
Tunes https://soundcloud.com/wookiee-4077

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
I have been told yes, by someone who worked on sound design for the new Jup-8.
That was a HUGE concern of mine as well :)
This space left intentionally blank.

Wookiee

• The 4077
Thank you artao your reply is appreciated will give it a try later and report back.
Arturia Synths: Modular V. ARP 2600V, CS 80V, Prophet V. Mini V, Jupiter 8V, Spark VDM, Analogue Lab, Analogue Laboratory

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Hi. Just thought you should know that you cannot use patches exported from V2 to V3  for any of the VCOL5 collection . I have tried this today with released VCOL5 to check that it was not different from my test software.

Regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Wookiee

• The 4077
Yes I can confirm that all that hard work of the last thirteen years, yes 13 years, of creating my own patches for the Modular V and other Arturia Soft synths can not be imported into the new versions of these synths.  :'(  ???  :o

Bummer, big, big big, bummer hugely frustrating.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Terrym

• Global Moderator
The reason i was given was that all the new software was rewritten in new code as the older software could not be updated anymore .
I hope a solution comes but for now you can still use your old plugins.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments

Wookiee

• The 4077
Well I hope so, a lot of time has been spent since I purchased the original standalone version of the Modular, the ARP, the CS80 and Prophet creating patches for them all.  Long before the collections existed.

seafoam green

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Yes I can confirm that all that hard work of the last thirteen years, yes 13 years, of creating my own patches for the Modular V and other Arturia Soft synths can not be imported into the new versions of these synths.  :'(  ???  :o

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

WTF !!! Arturia how dare you  .....,  for NOT putting this Super important information clearly out there for all to see.  :o :o :o

..., and how irresponsible of you Arturia to even bring out V5 WITHOUT having this sorted .

This is a complete DEAL BREAKER . :'(

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud

WTF !!! Arturia how dare you  .....,  for NOT putting this Super important information clearly out there for all to see.  :o :o :o

..., and how irresponsible of you Arturia to even bring out V5 WITHOUT having this sorted .

This is a complete DEAL BREAKER . :'(

BAM!
Exactly!! ... Arturia REALLY dropped the ball here. Between this and removing the awesome Sound Map feature, I will be holding off on updating until I see how things boil down.
Only today did I learn that presets are not transferrable from previous versions to the new versions.
However, it appears that they are "working on" a preset converter .... But who knows how long it'll be before THAT comes out (and who knows if they'll try charging us for it ;) JOKE!! (I hope))
Preset compatibility seems like it's an afterthought here. Like ... WTF were they thinking!! >:(
If they can make a converter, then they damn well could have made the presets compatible in the first place.

THIS little gem was hidden pretty deep in their website. Someone else pointed it out to me:
https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/2016-mid-may-major-update-%E2%80%93-factory-user-presets-compatibility
This space left intentionally blank.

LBH

THIS little gem was hidden pretty deep in their website. Someone else pointed it out to me:
https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/2016-mid-may-major-update-%E2%80%93-factory-user-presets-compatibility

Thanks for this link.
Good info i have asked Arturia about.
Still needing a list of what excatly has been fixed and improved.  And what should'nt have been fixed and improoved in earlier v-collections?
Also what fixesand improvements  are included in the price of VC5? Apparantly that is important to know, so we don't have to pay for those fixes again again.

A converter seems comming up.

I believe there are sound differences in VC5 using the old presets settings.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 03:46:48 pm by LBH »

CC4

• Beta-testers
From reading a thread over at KVR it sounds as if the converter exists, but just needs to be "polished up" for the public.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Looking forward to this.
I lost "Dub Filter" in V4 to be replaced with "Dub", and they're similar, but I want to get back that pulsing character ala "Welcome To The Machine".
I'm not quite as savvy as to accomplish this myself, yet.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

rbeg

Re: Custom patches from previous version CAN NOT be imported to new versions
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2016, 02:33:23 pm »
Looking forward for this converter software also.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
Re: Custom patches from previous version CAN NOT be imported to new versions
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2016, 02:44:04 pm »
There is a preset converter here for vcol5

https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

Terrym
TerryM

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines