March 28, 2024, 07:58:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Topic: Opinions?: Should Arturia increase number of MIDI channels to Transmit?  (Read 2250 times)

pax-eterna

• Apprentice
Okay, so we know that the Keylab 88 (not sure about other models) can not transmit on more than two channels (outside of Analog Lab) . So how many folks would like a firmware upgrade to enable transmission of midi on four or more channels?

I mean, if Arturia can alter the PSU (via firmware upgrade) to now accept a 9v psu OR a 5.5v PSU, then surely they can add extra MIDI transmission channels, yes?

What do others think?

PS: I have had this topic up on another forum for some time with no response. No wonder Arturia feel like not doing things when something as basic as transmitting on multiple midi channels receives no interest, or even comment from other users. All I can say is this could indicate most Arturia users must be pretty basic in MIDI requirements.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 06:46:04 pm by pax-eterna »

Tausendberg

For what it's worth, yes, I think they need to add more midi channels, I only just had this issue today, and I find it quite eyebrow-raising that a large expensive keyboard is so limited in such a way.

pax-eterna

• Apprentice
My goodness, the forum lives!!! hahahah!

Thanks T for  taking the time to post...now if we can just get the other four active members to come on-board  ;D

Tausendberg

Well really, the problem right now seems to be that most of Arturia is on vacation, seriously, and so we're not really gonna get any attention to anything that is talked about right now.

pax-eterna

• Apprentice
haha seems the folks at Arturia are always on holidays  ;D

shep

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi All, I owned a Casio PX 5S which allowed 4 midi channels....great, however, the KL88 has a much better action and controllability so that a software expansion to 4 channels would be the icing on the cake......

pax-eterna

• Apprentice
haha, yes I owned a PX5s and changed it for the KL88, and I agree with your comments. Even having just the four we had on the casio would be a huge difference, and would make it far better as a live keyboard IMO!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines