April 25, 2024, 06:56:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep Pro Master / Korg SQ-1 Slave  (Read 3538 times)

mdg

Beatstep Pro Master / Korg SQ-1 Slave
« on: May 18, 2016, 09:58:31 am »
Hi,
I need to sync a Korg SQ-1 ( slave ) with my Beatstep Pro ( master ), i have tried everything so far without success ...
Do i need to use the clock out ?  The SQ-1 seems to get BSP clock * 8 signal ...
Someone has some infos ?
Thx
Regards

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Beatstep Pro Master / Korg SQ-1 Slave
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 10:32:56 am »
Hmm, are you syncing via midi or trig?
Not too sure about the SQ-1's trigger but did have the impression that it was variable, whereas the Volcas are 2ppq (thus not syncable to a BSP via any of it's analogue sync modes).
Check your SQ-1's manual to see what the sync modes are how to change it, then set your BSP via MCC to one that matches that which you have set the SQ-1 to.
With midi, one thing to remember is the BSP doesn't send a constant midi-clock signal, so if you aren't running the BSP, nothing that needs a midi-clock signal to run will run (such as other midi sequencers in slave mode).
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

toryjames

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Beatstep Pro Master / Korg SQ-1 Slave
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 06:57:49 am »
The BSP's trigger out is too strong for the sync in on the SQ-1 (without attenuation). It causes the steps to jump forward erratically. I ran mine through an attenuator to get a steady signal.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines