April 19, 2024, 01:11:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Many problems with MCC and BSP.  (Read 1618 times)

JeffreyCoulter

Many problems with MCC and BSP.
« on: May 10, 2016, 05:06:34 am »
Hello,

I've been using MIDI since about 1985, and have a pretty large arsenal of MIDI hardware.
I was looking for an alternative to bringing my Doepfer MAQ 16/3 and a controller for it to live gigs.
The BSP looks like a great tool - I purchased it enthusiastically.
I am seriously annoyed by a couple things [1/8 TRS -> MIDI is a terrible idea], but that's another discussion.

I have updated everything as suggested, both firmware and MCC versions are the latest.
The documentation is quite awful, making assumptions that I am don't understand.
[do I have to save the Project aftetr uploading it? if so please tell me this!]
One thing that's really driving me crazy is: There is no SYNC button next to my device.
I see it being referenced, and I see it in the illustrations, and I swear I saw it when I first ran the MCC - but it's just not there.
So I painstakingly setup a sequence in MCC - drag the Project to the DEVICE - watch the progress meter across the bottom - try playing it on the BSP.
It's not there.
I don't think I'm an idiot, but I have a gig in a week and I need this thing to work or I'll take my MAQ instead.
Am I just stupid?
I've been trying to come to grips with this for a couple weeks now and getting nowhere.

[I'm running WIN7 PRO on a XEON with 16GB of RAM.]

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Many problems with MCC and BSP.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 09:52:34 pm »
Hi Jeffery

The sync button is not required as any edit you do in the device settings are uploaded  straight away.Your right it was there before but was removed due to confusion.

As to patterns  if you use device projects  to recall or upload you need to save the ones you load onto the mcc .

Any questions let me know

Regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

JeffreyCoulter

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 04:13:10 am »
Thank you so much for this response.
I thought I was going insane or had some sort of hardware compatibility issue.

I have to ask however, as a new user, how was I supposed to know this?
The documentation contradicts this.
And I have to wonder now... what else don't I know?
Don't mean to be disrespectful, I am just frustrated.

Thanks again,
Jeff

Filterseducer

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 03:34:05 pm »
this device does a little bit of everything but nothing accurate. allow yourself some time to learn how to use it, then if u are not happy get rid of it asap.

Marucian

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 10:39:11 pm »
Hi,

Thought I might share my experiences and doubts about the MCC. Oh and this is my first time posting in a forum, the fun fact here being that an Arturia product took me to a place from which I would normally shy away :)

I can easily change midi configurations within MCC and then save... Sorry, "store" my configuration to whatever project or memory in my BSP. It does however, get rid of any sequence patterns that were previously stored into that project.

Obviously, I could just decide to configure the knobs before creating patterns but what if I wanted to go back and assign knob 1 to CC# 11 instead of 12 as an example? I can't store that change without wiping out my patterns... Can I?! :)

Respectfully,

Marco

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines