April 18, 2024, 07:20:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Are the black keys supposed to click a little when wobbled left and right?  (Read 2169 times)

Tausendberg

Something that has been making me feel a little bit OCD lately since I've noticed...

If I grab a black key on my keylab 88 with two fingers and wobble it left and right, I can feel and hear a slight click from the key itself.

Except for like two or three of the black keys, all of the keys click when wobbled. What I want to know, is that just how the fatar TP/100LR is simply built and every keylab 88 has this black key clicking or is it just my keylab 88?

If that's just how it is, I can accept it but I want to verify against other people's keylab 88.

Eric Barker

• Progrock/metal Keyboards & Sound Design
Well, one thing I'm getting used to, and may be partially responsible for this, is that the TP/100LR is a "graded" keybed, which means that lower end gradually becomes heavier and slower. I'm not used to this, and frankly, I could do without it. It's fine for piano, but ends up feeling kinda weird if you do complex splits or with synths and organs. there was one really fast Jon Lord-style B3 part I recorded a few weeks back where I couldn't get the keys to move fast enough in the lower end. So I transposed down an octave and played the part up an octave and I could play it just fine (!?)

Are you finding the black keys you're speaking of are grouped together and are at one end? That could be related.

Tausendberg

Ok, just yes or no question, when you grab a black key and apply pressure either left or right, does it make a clicking sound?

I'm trying to figure out if I have a keylab 88 with a manufacturing defect. Nearly all of my black keys do this.

Eric Barker

• Progrock/metal Keyboards & Sound Design
Just a little, but it's not loud and it's pretty uniform. Feels about normal to me on my board.

Tausendberg

Thank you for your input.

That's fine, that's what I thought but I only wanted verified. I'm not so much as bothered by the sound as I was bothered by the prospect that my particular Keylab 88 was defective. Even with the very very slight characteristic, it's like, the keylab 88 is still indisputably the best 88 key hammer action midi controller in this price range.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines