April 20, 2024, 01:15:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mapping problems with Minilab/Ableton (followed all instructions)  (Read 2355 times)

lordradish

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi, folks... just got my Minilab, and setting it up for Ableton, I'm having several problems (which seems like the norm).

WIn 10 64-bit
Latest firmware and midi control software
Ableton 9.61

I installed the latest Ableton script, per instructions, and here's what's weird...
The mappings don't map what's in the script's pdf, at all.  I'm trying to use the drum pads, and they're doing things like track selection, play/record.

When I followed the instructions for mapping other instruments (an Arturia Prophet 5), it allowed me to program Set 1 and 2, but it won't allow me to do anything with sets 3 and 4. They, apparently, do other things, such as controlling sends and other things I don't want them to do (nor, apparently, match up with what the PDF says they will).  What am I doing wrong? I've never seen so many problems (and the midi control software instructions aren't easy to read, either).  If I can't figure this out, I'm getting something different.

Thanks!

DonovanBartish

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Mapping problems with Minilab/Ableton (followed all instructions)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 11:02:19 am »
Please see my reply here, you will need to create a separate template for your drum notes on another midi channel such as channel 10:

http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87394.0

lordradish

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Mapping problems with Minilab/Ableton (followed all instructions)
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 02:51:21 pm »
Would this take care of the other problems I mentioned, besides the drum pads? And when you say 'template', do you mean an Ableton template or something in the MCC program? Thanks.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines