May 08, 2024, 06:08:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Looper issues/Looper feature request  (Read 1271 times)

ebowen4221

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Looper issues/Looper feature request
« on: April 28, 2016, 07:30:28 pm »
Here's my setup -

BSP (most recent firmware) as Master Clock and Master sequencer is run to:

Roland TR-8
Moog Sub 37
Moog Minitaur

Here's some of my looper problems: And all sequencers are set to 1 bar pattern of 1/16th notes

Lets say I loop steps 1-4 for 1 beat, if I release the looper after the between step 1 and 3, it will jump abruptly ahead to step 9 not in time, or at the end of playing step 4.

Another issue, is if swing is on (set around 66%) if I move from 1/4 to 1/8 to 1/16, anything playing a 1/16 repeating pattern (like the highhats) will seem to unsync themselves from the swing. This is forcing me to hit the stop button to reset the sequence.

In a future firmware update, would it be possible to address these issues, as well as adding in the option to have the looper not follow the sequencer? The looper is sweet and super useful feature, but when it follows the sequencer, it makes jumps too abrupt.

I don't want to loop 2 beats then have it jump ahead to where the sequence should be. I would like to use the looper to reset to beat 1 step 1 when it finishes the loop after it's released. That would be a great way to add in a bar of 2/4 , or 3/4 without having it be my Lee Harvey, the Groove Assassin.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines