March 28, 2024, 10:57:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Do you have the same bug? It's worth than in older firmware  (Read 1995 times)

maddyman

Do you have the same bug? It's worth than in older firmware
« on: April 15, 2016, 11:12:02 pm »
Hi
when setting a loop sequence in logic (9) anywhere except starting position 1 BSP will start everytime at seq 32 (if I expanded it more the 1-16).
In the previous firmware it worked depending where the loop began. If I shift the loop one step further (begining the next point 2 or 3 ... the seq. of the BSP will start the next seq 32-48 or 48 to 64)  but with this new firmware it will start anywhere I set the loop at step 32 and will continue.
Check this out and confirm this please.
So perhaps this bug will be cleaned up the next time.

maddyman

Re: Do you have the same bug? It's worth than in older firmware
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 08:40:18 pm »
I don't know if I'm the only one who uses the BSP in a DAW like I described before.
Can somebody confirm this issue? I downgraded the firmware to see if it really worked there an re-upgraded to 1.4.0.20 and it still sticks in the way I posted before.
Please try your test if I'm not the only one and I could ask arturia directly.
Thx

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Do you have the same bug? It's worth than in older firmware
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 10:19:31 pm »
Hi, not sure this is problem with the bsp but in logic if you have a left locator and press stop twice in logic it will go back to the locator and start on bar 1 of the bsp . if you stop logic mid bar the time code is kind of lost and it takes a few seconds for the bsp to find where it is so best practice is to press stop twice to stop at a locator so its all in sync.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

maddyman

Hi
just came back for 2 weeks in the provence :-)
I am sure this has to do something with the latest upgrade.
Again:
if I have created a loop in logic and >space> stops it and >space< again (or >return< eighter) will start the sequence from the beginning.
In the latest firmware the BSP started everytime with Step 1.
In the latest firmware I have to create the loop starting at bar 1 to let the the BSP start with step 1.
If I start logic at 1,5 (and the regulary sound starts at 2) the BSP will start at step 9 of seq 1-64, so that when logic reaches the bar 2 the BSP will start at 33.
The same when Logic is set to 2,5 (the sound starts at bar 3) the BSP will pre-start at step 9.
It's not quite easy to describe - if I create a loop anywhere in the logic arrangement ( bar 55 or 88, or 100...) - it will start at step 33.
If I pre-start in logic (e.g. 54.5) then the BSP starts at step 9
If I pre-start in logic (e.g. 54.25 the BSP will start at step 5
Or if I start in logic (e.g. 54.75) the BSP will start at step 13
Do you understand what I mean?
BUT is I start in Logic at bar 1 - everything workes fine.
If I pre-start the loop seq. at 0,5 (and the music begins an bar 1) the BSP will wait and will start exactly at bar 1 with step 1.

Is this explained a little better?
Anyhow I could make a video and place it into youtube if you can not follow my practice.
Let me know.
At least I can only tell you, that thru out the latest update there has to be something different, cause before it worked quite perfect. Even if I downgrade the BSP again it workes fine.
Please don't let me stand alone with this - I love to work with the BSP but this is not worthwhile.
Regard and thank you for your time
martin

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines