March 29, 2024, 05:26:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minor bug- can't change Volume encoder on Bank B  (Read 2919 times)

Eric Barker

• Progrock/metal Keyboards & Sound Design
Minor bug- can't change Volume encoder on Bank B
« on: March 21, 2016, 01:03:32 am »
The manual suggests that switching between Bank A and B effects the faders and encoders, not the switches, pads, or any other controllers. HOWEVER, it does seem to effect the setting of Volume encoder. Using Bank B always sets the Volume encoder to Absolute, CC-0, no matter what I have the Bank A Volume set to. I can actually edit this by choosing Bank B, Edit, twist the volume, and edit the parameters. However, these settings can't be saved, and the behavior returned to CC-0/Absolute whoever I restart the machine or change between memory recalls.

I suspect that the Volume encoder is NOT supposed to change with the bank settings, and this is some strange bug. The hard memory files probably don't have a place to store "Volume Encoder-Bank B Settings", and therefor the encoder just takes on whatever "reset" settings of any controller: "Absolute/Channel 1/CC-1".

This isn't a huge problem as I don't use Bank B much. But I do use it for Organ Drawbars, and when I do, suddenly I can't change my volume! Clearly this is something that could be fixed in a firmware update.

Tausendberg

Re: Minor bug- can't change Volume encoder on Bank B
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 11:34:34 pm »
Ha, damn, I just noticed this, as you can see in the thread I posted last night, I can verify you're not the only one experiencing this bug.

Eric Barker

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 12:13:16 am »
Damn!!! that's close together! I think I hadn't refreshed my browser window for a few hours, which is why I didn't see your post.

Yeah, I use bank 2 for organ drawbars (LOVING IT). So for now I just have a routine where I take 15seconds and setup the volume encoder before each gig. Kind of a hassle, but I just do it while MainStage or Max/MSP is loading. Have you noticed whether if effects the "param" or "value" pots? I don't think so, cuz I have "value" set to a reverb aux level. Maybe I'll switch my volume over to the "param" encoder until they fix this.

Tausendberg

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 07:04:52 am »
Woah dude, don't know what's in it, but Keylab 88 Firmware V. 1.2 just dropped!

Tausendberg

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 07:28:46 am »
 Damn, just tried firmware v1.2 and the bug is still present, I guess they didn't notice it. Oh well, will have to wait until the next firmware update.

Eric Barker

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 02:18:23 am »
What does 1.2 fix?

Tausendberg

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 07:49:52 pm »
https://www.arturia.com/products/keylab88/resources?&utm_source=elasticemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=arturia_com_2016&utm_term=nl-after-messe16&utm_content=update-keylab88_picture2

Next to version 1.2.0.5 mouse over the little i and that lists the firmware changes.

"Sound is lit at start-up instead of Multi"

I'm actually really happy about this one because I think it may have been causing errors with analog lab.

Eric Barker

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 11:16:30 pm »
Cool, I'll have to upgrade at some point.

BTW: I sent a tech support message to Arturia about the bank volume encoder on Bank B. I guess they're fairly famous for ignoring these things, so maybe you should go ahead and shoot them a message too, as they'd be more likely to listen to a few reports than an isolated incident.

Also, what's your opinion on how it really SHOULD work? I'm totally in favor of being able to set any differences, but I suspect that those side encoders are not really supposed to have different Bank A/B settings. I would always set them the same. But I can't account for everyone else's setups... someone could come along who REALLY wants individual volume bank A/B settings, so might as well, huh?

Tausendberg

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 12:24:23 pm »
Honestly, if there isn't a technical limitation, I say, the more options the better.

Like, if I really wanted to go crazy, I'm wondering if the Keylab 88 has any technical limitation to just one expression pedal. I'd be interested in having two expression pedals and why not just give users the option to plug a second expression pedal into the aux pedal and set it to output expression?

Emporio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 11:57:33 pm »
Hi Tausendberg,

I've not actually tried it but I'm pretty sure the sustain and aux pedals support continuous controllers so you might be able to have a second exp pedal in their and just re-map the control accordingly.

Cheers,
Ant

Eric Barker

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 11:01:47 pm »
^ this. Almost positive the "Aux" can be used as a CC pedal. I happen to use a momentary, which changes patches, but no reason it couldn't.

In fact, I'm fairly certain all three pedals will read a full 127 values, as this is how "half pedal" sustain pedals work.

Tausendberg

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 08:10:32 am »
Wait, I mean, unless I'm not seeing something, I don't think the AUX can read CC.

EDIT: WOOOAHH! The AUX Pedal CAN function like an expression pedal, I just changed it, I must have misunderstood the options in the Midi Control Center. Thank you for setting me straight, I think I'm gonna buy another expression pedal.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:14:42 am by Tausendberg »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines