April 19, 2024, 02:28:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MicroBrute Stuck MIDI note?  (Read 5349 times)

pants

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MicroBrute Stuck MIDI note?
« on: August 09, 2015, 10:53:06 pm »
I recently got a Beatstep Pro and I'm using that as my master brain in my "no-computer" set up.

Several times now, I've gotten stuck "NOTE-ON" situations on the MB.

I've isolated this to the MB by removing all other equipment and having the BSP connected directly to the MB via a standard MIDI cable (and the Arturia-supplied grey MIDI adapter cable.

When the note sticks on, I can clear it either by power-cycling the MB, or by repeatedly and rapidly pressing the stop button on the BSP.  The stuck note happens both with the MB Sequencer in Play and Off.

I've not updated the firmware on either devices.

Has anybody else run into this situation?  I've read through the forums and did some keyword searches, but couldn't find this issue.

toumpass

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: MicroBrute Stuck MIDI note?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 07:52:56 am »
Yup, I do when using it as MIDI only.

ZRK

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 01:48:33 pm »
Yes same thing here, don't know what to do...

Oeconomo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 01:34:23 am »
Same thing here...
I hoped to solve this by using the CV alternative... turns out MB cv's implementation is not suitable AT ALL with Beatstep Pro. If only they didn't had fucked up the midi in implementation also (that's clearly a malfunction).
THANKS A LOT ARTURIA.

Hope this can be solved with a firmewire; by buying two or more of your products, we are giving you our trust and money and you're not even giving the proper feedback.
Grow a pair of balls and at least be clear with the fact that Microbrute and minibrute don't work well with beatstep pro, instead of making publicity in which they appear to be made for each other.

Oeconomo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 06:33:00 pm »
anyway, I found a better option than turning it off or stopping the sequence (that's kind of better for live situations):
When the note is stuck, I get the MB sequencer from off to play and off again, and the note stops. Also, the stuck seems to happen less if the Rate knob is turned down to 0. That seems to mean that the problem happens somehow because the sequencer's midi clock or it's midi implementation interferes with the midi being received by the Beatstep pro.

snack

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 04:05:32 pm »
This is not isolated to Beatstep, I'm having the same issue with my MIDI set up using RM1X as a sequencer. I'm running 1.0.3.2. It totally locks up and won't play via midi in or the keyboard. Like pants and Oeconomo say, I can clear by powering off and on, or toggling the sequencer play switch.

It seem to be occurring if the Microbrute is sent 2 MIDI notes at once, but moreover, if it is sent notes in rapid succession, possibly because the notes are overlapping in time. I will test to verify overlapping notes and update here. Regardless, I just got the Microbrute and was liking it. Will have to get rid of it if it's really this crippled in a MIDI set up and it cannot be fixed with firmware update.

rotten77

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 08:18:01 am »
Hi, is there still problem with stuck notes in new firmware 1.3.0.23?

snack

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 05:44:59 pm »
Where do you get that firmware?

To follow up on what I posted above, it does not seem to be related to notes overlapping in time unless those notes are the first 2 in the external sequencer's sequence. Also notes on the same beat will freeze it, and the Yamaha RM1X's MIDI delay feature will freeze it. The Microbrute is the only piece of gear I've ever had any MIDI trouble with the RM1X. This is too crippling of an issue to use the Microbrute in a MIDI set up. I hope it gets addressed.

rotten77

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 05:47:14 pm »

I mean Beatstep Pro firmware, sorry.

snack

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 05:51:32 pm »

I mean Beatstep Pro firmware, sorry.
Ok, cool. Haha, I thought I was being a dumbass and missing something.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines