March 28, 2024, 07:44:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: I want to use the KL88 with rack synths, i.e. Roland XV-2020  (Read 2130 times)

Scubadog2008

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I want to use the KL88 with rack synths, i.e. Roland XV-2020
« on: March 05, 2016, 07:23:19 am »
I really don't have any need for Analog Lab, Pianoteq or the UVI.  I have an excellent XV-2020 with a lot more useful sounds on it for live gigs...but I'm finding that the Keylab 88 may not be as appropriate as I thought at first.  I was previously using an M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 to control the XV-2020.  It has the capability of up to 9 banks and more than 17 user-definable buttons that are tied to each bank.  This means that I can program the Keystation Pro 88 to tell the XV to almost instantly call up 153 of the hundreds of system & user presets. 

If I understand correctly, there are only two possible banks on the KL88, and I can find nothing that tells me which buttons are tied to the banks.  Also, it seems that the 10 buttons for "Edit Parameters/Snapshots/Switches" can be configured to "Program Chg" but the 16 tap pads can be configured for "Patch Chg".  I can find nothing in the manual that tells me what the difference is.  If ALL other buttons can be uniquely configured for each Bank, then I think I might be able to settle for just going that route and reconfigure every button & pad I can for patch change request to the XV and double that amount of patch changes by switching banks.  Still doesn't get me anywhere near the options I had with the M-Audio, but I really need to know if changing banks affects all other buttons/faders.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines