March 28, 2024, 08:29:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Prefered install process for V-Collection3  (Read 11348 times)

Wookiee

• The 4077
Prefered install process for V-Collection3
« on: July 27, 2013, 01:30:20 pm »
Hi All,

I may only be an apprentice but have been using the Modular V since version 1.0

Quick question, I have just taken advantage of the V-Collection 3 offer and was wondering the best way to install.

I already have the Modular V, ARP 2600V, CS80 V, the Prophet's and Analogue lab installed. 

Should I

A: Remove all the Arturia software and start from scratch (Will export all my own pre-sets first)

B: Just install over the top?

The PC is a dedicated DAW running Win 7 (64), SONAR Producer X2a, SONY Soundforge and CD Architect, Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 i/o.

Many thanks in advance

The Wookiee
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 10:58:46 am by Wookiee »
This post may or may not contain errors of an indeterminate nature.
Arturia Synths: Modular V. ARP 2600V, CS 80V, Prophet V. Mini V, Jupiter 8V, Spark VDM, Analogue Lab, Analogue Laboratory
Tunes https://soundcloud.com/wookiee-4077

Wookiee

• The 4077
Re: Prefered install process for V-Collection3
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 08:34:22 pm »
11 looks and no opinions  :-\
Arturia Synths: Modular V. ARP 2600V, CS 80V, Prophet V. Mini V, Jupiter 8V, Spark VDM, Analogue Lab, Analogue Laboratory

jackn2mpu

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 11:57:41 am »
I too would like to know as I'm about ready to purchase the bundle. Have a question you should be able to answer: reading the description of the package and not sure of whether we get Analog Lab or Analog Laboratory in the package. Which one do we get? They both seem to cover similar territory in that they're like a master repository of the patches in the individual machines (save for add-on patch packs) so we can access the sounds from one gui. I already have installed Analog Lab (got it from the recent sale), along with CS80, MMV, and Mini.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Wookiee

• The 4077
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 08:16:13 pm »
Hi Jack,  Apologies for the late reply got busy.  Analogue Lab seem to be dependent on you having the appropriate synths for you to be able to edit the actual patches of the instruments though you can build new combinations from those supplied.

Analogue laboratory appears to contain the DLL flies for all the synths so you can edit the instruments patches.

Very different programmes that function in a similar way.

If that makes sense then great if not let me know and I will try again

Cheers

Wooks

jackn2mpu

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 10:22:00 pm »
Hi Jack,  Apologies for the late reply got busy.  Analogue Lab seem to be dependent on you having the appropriate synths for you to be able to edit the actual patches of the instruments though you can build new combinations from those supplied.

Analogue laboratory appears to contain the DLL flies for all the synths so you can edit the instruments patches.

Cheers

Wooks
The main question I had was which program do we get in the V Collection 3 bundle? I know Analog Lab is dependent on what synths I already have to be able to edit the ones in AL. It doesn't makes sense to have Analog Laboratory in the bundle as that would make the standalone synths kind of redundant.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

midinut

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 04:18:14 pm »
I bought the MiniLab which came with Analog Lab (the newer). I took advantage of the special offer as well and got the V-Collection. When I installed the V-Collection, it also installed Analog Laboratory (the older). So I have both running.

As Wookiee says, right now you can edit most of the synths in the V-Collection in Analog Lab. The Jupiter, SEM, and Wurlitzer are going to be added soon but those you cannot edit directly from within Lab just yet. If he says that Analog Laboratory edits all just fine (because it includes the dll files) then I'd trust that it does. To be honest, I haven't tried Analog Laboratory yet, but I will today just to make sure. I've been too busy trying to wipe all the smiles off my face when I play with these synths I always wanted but could never afford!

Wookiee

• The 4077
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 07:45:51 pm »

Cheers

Wooks
The main question I had was which program do we get in the V Collection 3 bundle? I know Analog Lab is dependent on what synths I already have to be able to edit the ones in AL. It doesn't makes sense to have Analog Laboratory in the bundle as that would make the standalone synths kind of redundant.

I agree that does seem slightly strange.  Looking deeper the dll's are not the same versions as the synths I owned prior to purchasing the  V collection 3 bundle, some are older.  Perhaps they get installed because the V collection installer knows that they will all be present,  ???

As to your question Analogue Laboratory as noted above by midinut.

@Midinut, know what you mean to much fun to actually get anything recorded.  :D

skeletor95633@yahoo.com

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 01:42:39 pm »
No matter how well you think you protect your purchase and back up your activation codes, any sort of contingency planning for reinstallation is absolutely pointless. That's why no one is replying with advice.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 02:38:26 pm »
No matter how well you think you protect your purchase and back up your activation codes, any sort of contingency planning for reinstallation is absolutely pointless. That's why no one is replying with advice.
This means nothing to this thread.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Wookiee

• The 4077
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 05:38:43 pm »
This means nothing to this thread.

It confused my furry mind to  ::)

cygnusus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 01:10:17 am »
I had always wondered this myself the correct install procedure as well. I originally had Analog Laboratory, and then I purchased V Collection. The install of V Collection overwrote the individual DLL's. I could tell by checking the dates. I then downloaded all of the individual instrument updates and installed them. Everything is working OK. It would be nice if there was a single update for the V Collection every time they updated one of the individual synths. It would save a lot of time and trouble. Sorry for the late response, I bet you have already got this sorted.
Maybe I should work for Arturia....... :D

RandalllNiX

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • hello
Prefered install process for V Collection3
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 10:08:50 am »
Hi Prime_8,

Well done Those screenshots look great.

Is there anything I can do to make it easier/better to use L3DT with your editor, or with NB/NF more generally?

Cheers,
Aaron.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines