April 19, 2024, 11:58:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Have Spark 2: How Do We Install Ableton_Live_Template? HowTo.pdf is Outdated  (Read 2604 times)

SparkInduction

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
My earnest request for help has to do with use of Spark 2 software with Ableton Live 8 or 9 -- with the NEW MIDI Control Center Application version 1.2.2.429
and is therefore not at all related to Spark hardware.

You'll note I purchased  V-Collection 4.
I would like Spark 2 integration with Ableton Live.

May we escalate this case to a Customer-friendly Manager please?
Again, because the HowTo.pdf file included in the Ableton Live Template folder is obsolete, we would really love to hear from a technical user in your fine Company, how to go about installing Ableton Live Template into MIDI Control Center v 1.2.2.429

Also, I do not understand: What does this case have to to with "Registration and Activation Inquiry" seeing my Arturia products are already registered?

Please someone knowledgeable, guide us through the process please?
Also, what are we to do with the included Live_Template.als file, to complete the process?

Components involved:
  MIDI Control Center 1.2.2.249 (host app for importing the template)
  Spark_Ableton_Live_Template (14-Mar-2011) which includes
     Factory.smc
     Live_Template.als
     HowTo.pdf  (this document file needs to be updated becsuse its instructions and its screenshots are obsolete by virtue of MIDI Control Center 1.2.2.249 being significantly redesigned so that its GUI is radically different from the old version, which this old .pdf refers to.)

ben arturia

• Administrator
Hi SparkInduction,

Are you using SparkCDM controller or SparkLE ?

This template work only with Sprk CDM controller.

Here is the Spark CDM Control Center :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-1e9zXr5JIlWmJqLXpTMndzNDg/view

Best
Ben
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:52:00 am by ben arturia »
.......testing.......

SparkInduction

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Wow! Honored to receive a reply from *you* Sir.
I have both Spark 2 software Standalone in V-Collection 4 and also in my hardware
Spark Creative Drum Machine package as well.

After reexamination, I should let you know the link you provided is for Windows, I believe. Have you a link for us Mac (El Capitan users)?

~~~
Now, for the benefit of the Spark LE end user community
I earnestly invite you to
1. Download a package of the Spark_Ableton_Live_Template (March 14? 2011)
2. Open it, to reveal the following inside its folder:
   a. Factory.smc
   b. HowTo.pdf
   c. Live.template.als
3. It appears this package, now old, U.S. incompatible with the latest version of
MIDI_Control_Center v1.2.2.429 (the MIDI Control Center application is what is supposed to be used to open factory.smc but the  I stall instructions outlined within the supplied HowTo.pdf are totally outdated, and do not comport with the MIDI Control Center that was redesigned and made available recently. Someone forgot to update the HowTo.pdf to make it relevant for use in 2016.  :D

So please, provide users updated instructions for Ableton Live Template installation?
Would be terrific if that old .pdf was updated for a more enjoyable customer experience! After exploring the steps above, Kindly let me know if you now see what I mean?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:16:20 pm by SparkInduction »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines