April 23, 2024, 10:27:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Share between iSpark and Spark 2  (Read 2790 times)

vibes71

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Share between iSpark and Spark 2
« on: February 18, 2016, 09:07:34 pm »
"Possibility to share projects, kits and instruments between iSpark and the desktop version of Spark 2."
How exactly would that work ? Can't seem to find a way...don't know how to import the ispk file from iSpark into Spark 2...
By the way, GREAT app  :)

vaikl

Re: Share between iSpark and Spark 2
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 10:12:36 pm »
Ok, i've tested the ex/import a bit. You can export a iSpark project and rename it on your computer to a ".spk" ending file, which Spark2 can import. This seems to work ok. But you can't export a Spark2 project, rename it to a ".ispk" ending file and import it into iSpark. You'll see some triggering, but there's no audio in it:-((

That's not what is suggested in the description, dear Arturia:-(

vibes71

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 10:42:59 pm »
Thanks for sharing. Nice to know renaming the extension makes importing in the desktopversion possible. Most likely an update is coming our way  ;)

Gribs

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 05:48:14 pm »
The iSpark manual also appears to be incomplete.  There is no section describing the "analog" synthesis engine or how it is supposed to map to Spark2.  I tried to download the manual last night but every attempt stalled out.  I was able to download it this AM, but it is incomplete.

There also appears to be some issues with exporting projects from Spark2.  I don't see a way to include samples in the exported project.  I am not sure how that is supposed to work, or even if it is supposed to work.  However I bought iSpark under the impression that I can go back and forth between iSpark and Spark2 as needed.  I have had no problem using AudioShare to grab samples from my DropBox account and use them in iSpark, though.  That is pretty sweet.  It is not unique to iSpark, but it is great that it works in an app with a familiar interface.

I have yet to try connecting my SparkLE controller to my iPad Air.  I have a camera connection kit (USB-lightning) so that will happen sometime soon.  SparkLE is USB bus powered and I am a bit worried that it will drain the iPad Air battery pretty quickly.

- Gribs
Arturia product owner / licenser
V Collection, SparkLE, BeatStep Pro, Keylab 88, iSpark, iSem

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 03:37:01 pm »
Hello.

Here is an article about Spark2 / iSpark project import / export:

https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/import-export-projects

Best Regards

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

vaikl

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 03:58:20 pm »
Hello.

Here is an article about Spark2 / iSpark project import / export:

https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/import-export-projects

Best Regards

Edouard

Was that an answer to our problems regarding import/export incompatibility between Spark2 extensions ".spk" and iSpark extensions ".ispk"? No, to be honest. It didn't help.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines